Facilities Co-Ordinator/Receptionist Johannesburg, South Africa The Company
Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Come join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes.The Role
Part of the EMEA Facilities & Workplace Services team, the role provides customer facing support by handling the office reception, managing calls coming through the switchboard and greeting visitors. The role requires a security minded person who is customer focused, with good communication skills and has ability to work in a busy environment.
This person must be able to work in a team environment within Facilities Operations to participate and develop plans for continuous improvements with services. To ensure the safety and comfort of employees on a daily basis and in relation to emergency response as required with various counterparts. To participate and support with the coordination of annual fire safety inspections, fire drills and updates to H&S counterparts.
This person must be a team player with customer service / relations with the ability to work with senior management and cross-functional teams and levels as required. A high performer who delivers more than what is expected, works with minimal supervision, who provides excellent service by understanding customer's needs, enthusiastically supporting change management, taking responsibility, and actively seeking new challenges. Responsible for coordination of suppliers, vendors and service contractors as required. Liaising with Landlord's Building Management team, ensuring premises deficiencies are reported and resolved in relation to the leased premises. What you'll be doing
• Meeting and greeting internal and external visitors and escorting visitors or suppliers throughout the premises as required.
• Keep the reception area presentable at all times.
• Ensure that the telephone and mobile phone listings are kept up to date.
• Management of the meeting room booking system where applicable.
• Arrangement of courier requests as per local requirements, receiving incoming and notification of couriered items received to end users.
• Managing the stock office stationery and food supplies.
• Ensuring the correct security procedures are followed at all times (as instructed by the Security team).
• Monitoring the security systems to ensure in working order and that any incidents or issues with equipment are reported to the security team.
• Managing and Accounting for the Temporary Security Access Badges and reporting any lost or unreturned Badges in accordance with Company Badge Policy.
• Support the Facilities team with Purchase Order requests and receipts.
• Participation and coordination of H&S services in supporting the employees and location requirements.
• Capable to handle situations and minor projects as directed by the Facilities Lead with minimum support.
• May make meeting and travel arrangements.
• Assist in diary management of General Manager.
• Collection and returns of IT assets and phones form employees, vendor, and EDC.
• Support local team in organizing on-site events.
• Oversee Facility aspects in the office.
• Supervise services on site - cleaning, administration, vending, catering and other related to soft and central services.
• General administration support to local stakeholders as well as Facilities Team (light administrative duties). What you bring to the team
• Experience as a receptionist or in a front of house role.
• Previous Facilities experience/knowledge would be beneficial.
• Relevant experience within a client site, corporate environment.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Team player.
• Good ability to communicate in written and oral English.
• Self-starter, task implementer and a finisher.
• Able to prioritize work.
• Good ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge