As a Systems Engineer, you will support all JR Automation business systems hardware and are responsible for the configuration, implementation, and maintenance of all corporate server infrastructure. Additional responsibilities for corporate server software, as related to the running operation and monitoring of server and storage hardware, and cloud software services. This position reports to the ICT Infrastructure Manager and will take primary ownership of server, storage, and cloud infrastructure.
This is a hybrid role based out of Holland, MI and the posting will be open until end of day 8/18.
What You’ll Do:
- Maintaining and administering servers and infrastructure, assisting with fault diagnostic, and providing problem resolution management as well as system security and access controls.
- Maintain corporate Hyper-V environments, Fiber/Iscsi SAN environments, and supporting systems.
- Maintain and coordinate changes to corporate O365 environment
- Oversee and maintain all corporate servers within JR Automation, all global subsidiaries, and current customers that have a support agreement with JR Automation. Lead architecture of system installations, upgrades, and changes.
- Design, plan, and implement Fiber and ISCSI SAN Infrastructures for use in Hyper-V clustered.
- Knowledge and expertise in various backup and DR (Disaster Recovery) technologies (particularly Veeam). Oversee and maintain backup and DR systems operating efficiency ensuring RPO/RTO is met, participate, and coordinate annual DR/Failover tests.
- Operate our system infrastructure with uptime and stability targets of 99.95%+, utilizing best practices for Monitoring, High Availability, and Disaster Recovery.
- As a Systems Engineer you will support key high-level projects, serve as a resource to our Engineering team, and work with the company’s Management team to provide effective solutions.
- Participate in escalated help desk support to our customers.
- Cross train with other functional IT (Information Technology) engineering areas to provide backup assistance when necessary.
- Responsible for data and service migrations/Transports.
- You will be required to work with and advise ICT leadership on the architecture of Infrastructure as they impact critical business needs.
- Create, and maintain Dev/QA/Production Environments with high data integrity and operate transport procedures.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with all employees and a high status of productivity.
- JR Automation has an on-call rotation to limit the impact of off-hour staffing, however due to the critical nature of this position you will be expected to be available 24x7, 7 days a week in the event of critical downtime.
- Required travel to West Michigan area sites up to 10%.
- You must be available via cell phone and immediate contact methods need to be established to ensure a proper operating response in the event of critical downtime.
Note: This list of responsibilities is by no means inclusive; however, it is intended to be a guideline for activities.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor of Information Technology/Engineering preferred
- 5+ years of related work experience
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (preferred)
- Large Scale Windows Server Systems
- Hyper-V Virtualization with Clustering and High Availability
- SAN Operations
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- Office 365, SharePoint, Teams(w/Voice) and Azure Administration
- Fluent in PowerShell and/or other scripting languages
- At JR Automation, A Hitachi Group Company, our talented teams leverage the latest technologies, innovative thinking, and decades of experience to provide our global customers with world-class automation equipment. We transform processes & optimize operations with the solutions we design, build, program & deploy for nearly every industry. Our people are the heart of our operations, and we believe unique skills and capabilities enable us to grow, collaborate and evolve.
- Join our team of 2,200+ at one of the 27 facilities around the globe. We offer competitive pay, great benefits, apprenticeship programs, tuition reimbursement and training opportunities to develop your skills.
ComeThink. Solve. Create. With Us!