Meet The Team
Hitachi Vantara is looking for a self-driven Product Testing Engineer who will own and execute the integration of our Infrastructure Software portfolio to create impactful solutions for our customers. By working closely with Product Management and Engineering the Software Integration Engineer will create valuable customer use cases to test and verify the performance, usefulness, and competitiveness of our Software offerings. The Product Testing Engineer will be responsible for ensuring the overall adoption of our software products increases by highlighting improvements, gaps, and value-added integration to our stakeholders. The Product Testing Engineer will also engage in daily support to remote team members in need of having local hands-on help with their hardware resources in the lab. What You Will Be Doing
What You Bring To The Team (Qualifications)
- Ensure critical new features of our software products are validated for user friendliness, competitiveness, scalability, performance, and innovation
- Integrate multiple software products within our portfolio providing customers with meaningful solutions to increase the value of our offerings
- Deep analysis of test results to ensure all possible options have been researched to find the most optimal solution to complex customer problems.
- Sound Technical writing skills to ensure the main concepts learned through our testing are clearly analyzed and shared with our stakeholders via White Papers, Webinars, Videos, Hands-on Labs, and other means to present our findings.
- Design and execute meaningful-customer-driven test plan and test cases without duplicating QA test cases.
- When required, work with presales organization to position our software products optimally to close deals.
- If needed (but not the primary role), work closely with our support organization to provide assistance with key customer escalations on issues related to our products.
- Participate in design and roadmap discussions and provide strategic knowledge to ensure proper product improvements to meet customer needs.
- Provide training and mentoring to other Software Integration Engineers as they progress in mastering their professional skills and as they learn company and industry best practices.
- Work with other members of the team to ensure urgent hardware change requirements are executed in a timely manner following standard guidelines from our Infrastructure team in our Englewood lab.
The expected salary for this position in our Colorado office is $85,000 - $130,000. Pay is determined based on a variety of factors including, but not limited to, depth of experience in the practice area. Employees are eligible to participate in Hitachi Vantara's variable pay program, subject to the program's conditions and restrictions. Our Company
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer related field
- 5+ years of Infrastructure (Data Center) related experience. This requirement is a must!
- 2+ years of storage management software experience (ideally from Hitachi storage and competitors' products).
- 5+ years' experience with software architecture and design.
- Being able to setup, configure, and tune Linux and Windows Operating Systems (latest versions)
- Solid experience with Hypervisors, particularly VMWare ESXi
- Basic experience with Networking, iSCSI, TCP/IP, FC
- Experience debugging, diagnosing, and troubleshooting software and environment issues
- Experience in one or more scripting languages for automation of tasks (i.e. Ruby, Python, etc.)
- Some QA test experience is desired
- Relocation package and visa sponsorship available within United State of America
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage as we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension, and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
With Japanese Roots Going Back Over 100 Years, Our Culture Is Founded On The Values Of Our Parent Company Expressed As The Hitachi Spirit
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge