Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Description
Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property, and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise.
Hitachi Vantara is seeking a Software Development Engineer Intern to join our global product innovation team to drive development of new products. In this role, you will be working with a diverse team of engineers and world class researchers to help build our next generation cloud portfolio. In this role, you will build new solutions to solve complex issues involving cloud data mobility. You must be capable of working independently and with a diverse team of fellow engineers and business stakeholders. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of block storage devices and protocols, and cloud technologies such as GCP, AWS, or Azure as well as have exposure to low level file and block protocols.Responsibilities
• Focus on hands-on development and integration of a massive scale distributed data mobility solution
• Execute focused design, development, and maintenance of high quality code
• Define solutions supporting File, Block, and Object storage
• Create systems for replication, data migration, compression, and deduplication
• Work in a collaborative team to consistently commit and deliver throughout the product development life cycleRequirements
• Working towards a degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to design, develop, and write quality code
• Must be excited to push the limits of technology Qualifications
• Knowledge of core Java
• Systems programming skills such as multi-threading, concurrency, etc. using Java
• Basic understanding of operating systems concepts including multi-threading, memory management
• Familiarity with database systems like MySQL, Oracle etc.
• Knowledge of building API using REST
• Experience with Linux servers and virtualization
• Familiarity in Shell, and/or Python scripting
• Knowledge of CI/CD tools like Jenkins/TeamCity and GitOur Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge