Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition. What you'll be doing
Hitachi Vantara is searching for a Legal Counsel & Company Secretary with a proactive, business-minded approach to assist the Hitachi Vantara Legal & Compliance Team. This position is based in Bangalore, India. The role is required to interact and collaborate within the Legal & Compliance Team, with business teams and other functional teams as well on a global basis. Responsibilities
What you bring to the team Experience
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating a wide array of commercial contracts, direct purchasing agreements, partner agreement, procurement agreements, master agreements, services agreements, nondisclosure agreements, consortium agreements and others, in India and other ASEAN regions.
- Reviewing of tender documents, bids, contract documents for risk analysis and mitigation steps, and accordingly respond to the bids, including government tenders from Indian and other governments in ASEAN.
- As Company Secretary participating in various meetings of boards, committees and management bodies; preparing the agendas and minutes of such meetings within strict time periods.
- Updating local registrar of companies to reflect corporate changes and ensure all requisite filing is completed.
- Assisting the legal team in ensuring that Hitachi Vantara boards, committees and management bodies comply with relevant local legislation and regulation, including timely filing of forms and returns with the MCA/ROC, preparation and maintenance of books and records.
- Support other lawyers for advisory and legal matters in India and ASEAN from time to time.
- This position will have regular interactions with and opportunities to collaborate within, and beyond, the global
- Hitachi Vantara Legal & Compliance Team.
- Ability to travel as the job requires.
- A Bachelor's degree in law from a recognized university with 4+ years of experience preferably with recent experience in the IT/ITeS sector.
- Membership with the Institute of Company Secretaries of India is a must.
- Impeccable integrity - ethical and honest in all respects
- Excellent interpersonal skills. An individual who can work with a range of internal and external business and legal professionals across APAC and globally, manage multiple priorities and projects with firm deadlines, and influence cross-functional teams.
- Strong such as legal research, document drafting, advice preparation, client liaison, negotiation abilities and file management. Good knowledge of and strong foundation in commercial law and contract negotiations.
- A business-oriented, practical and balanced approach, is required.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deliver tasks within set deadlines.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.