Job ID: R0011496
Date Posted: Sep 21, 2022
Business Unit: Hitachi Rail
Company Name: Hitachi Rail STS Australia Pty Ltd
Profession (Job Category): Other
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of turnkey rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, operation, service and maintenance, digital technology and turnkey with a presence in 38 countries, across 11 manufacturing sites on three continents and over 12,000 employees. Hitachi Rail is headquartered in London, UK and is ultimately wholly owned by Hitachi Ltd. Our engineering heritage and culture is rooted in Japan, where our first steam and electric locomotives were built in the early 1920s. We continue to deliver the most current Shinkansen for Japan’s railways, and have successfully exported our technology and expertise to multiple rolling stock projects across the globe - from high speed, tram and metro, to driverless technologies for passengers and freight.
In recent times, our global footprint outside of Japan has been established primarily on organic expansion in the UK. Recent acquisitions in Italy and beyond have cemented our digital growth, which has diversified revenue and added capability in signalling and turnkey in particular. We are ambitious and continue to seek to expand into new key geographies and to deliver new solutions. Drawing on the wider Hitachi Group’s market-leading technology capabilities and R&D, we strive for industry leading innovations able to deliver value for customers and help build sustainable railway systems which benefit wider society.
As a junior Project Engineer you will assist the Project Engineers coordinating all technical activities (including engineering & development activities) during project bidding and/ or execution phase on major complexity projects (international, consortium and advanced technological solutions) and deliver the technical solution on time, on quality and on budget (in compliance with the contract milestones/ clauses) during the project execution phase.
The successful candidate will assist driving the engineering department defining objectives, time schedule and criticalities on technical issue.
Main accountabilities will include but are not limited to:
• Assisting in the delivery of the overall solution on time on quality and on bud get according to the contract (being the only Design Authority on the project)
• Assisting in the coordination of project technical activities, ensuring the technical requirements of the contract are fulfilled, respecting project schedule, budget , quality and defined workload
• Ensuring that during bidding phase, the adopted technical solutions are standardised as much standard as possible, considering the specific requirements of the project
• Assisting in the clear definition and implementation of the project interfaces between the different project technologies
• Assisting in the definition and delivery of T&C activities, ensuring that they are supported by the relevant project WP Leaders
• Ensuring that an updated list of project objectives and criticalities is maintained, discussed and agreed with the Project Engineer and Project Manager
• Assisting in the communication of the project objectives to the project team and monitor that all technical project activities are aligned with the project schedule
• Ensuring that correct Configuration Management (including document management and transmittal process) is always in place.
Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Electronic, Mechatronic, Transportation Engineering.
Skills & Experience:
Experience in rail signalling, electronic, mechanical, or software design projects demonstrating skills and competencies in:
• Electromechanical Design
• European Train Control Systems level 2
• Interpersonal skills
• Flexibility with time and travel
• Culturally aware and inclusive.