Due to an upcoming retirement, JR Automation is looking for a Machining and Fabrication Supply Chain Buyer for our Nashville, TN location. As our Machining and Fabrication Supply Chain Buyer you will interact with multiple functional groups to identify, select, and negotiate with suppliers.
What You’ll Do:
- Mentor the buyers and associate buyers in the technical aspects of the machining and fabrication process.
- Maintain and improve the Machining and Fabrication preferred suppliers list through the knowledge of the supply base and their technical capabilities.
- Improve the Sourcing (make vs. buy) decision relying on technical knowledge of internal capabilities and the capabilities of the supply base.
- Purchasing of machined components, direct material from project bills of material in a manner that is consistent with Supply Chain Management and JR corporate strategy.
- Communicates with internal personnel regarding timing of material delivery, payment terms, and product discrepancies.
- Assists with expediting material when necessary.
- Enter purchase orders into purchasing system(s) as needed. Ensures proper documentation of supplier and purchasing related material, both paper, digital, and in Ops Manager and Baan and any other tools as required by JR.
- Assists with correcting discrepant supplier invoices and packing slips when necessary.
- Interacts with suppliers, team members, and internal customers in a manner that is distinguished by a high level of professionalism and ethics.
- Works to help achieve departmental and business unit goals, with a strong emphasis on working capital management, supplier on time delivery and material cost savings and avoidance.
- Assists in maintaining positive supplier relationships.
- Negotiating pricing, payment terms, delivery, and other items as necessary with suppliers.
- Mentor Associate Buyers to ensure they are following other JR processes and procedures.
Note: This list of responsibilities is by no means inclusive; however, it is intended to be a guideline for activities.
What You’ll Bring:
- High school diploma or equivalent required or Journeyman status in Precision Machining or Tool & Die trade
- Strongly prefer college degree in Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering
- A minimum of four years’ experience working in an Assembly and Machining environment, including four years of purchasing experience
Skills You’ll Have:
- Business acumen and strong negotiation skills
- Proficient in MS Office
- MRP / ERP Management Systems
- Requires strong communication and interpersonal skills
At JR Automation, A Hitachi Group Company, our talented teams leverage the latest technologies, innovative thinking, and decades of experience to provide our global customers with world-class automation equipment. We transform processes & optimize operations with the solutions we design, build, program & deploy for nearly every industry. Our people are the heart of our operations, and we believe unique skills and capabilities enable us to grow, collaborate and evolve.
Join our team of 2,200+ at one of the 27 facilities around the globe. We offer competitive pay, great benefits, apprenticeship programs, tuition reimbursement and training opportunities to develop your skills.
Come Think, Solve & Create With Us!