Meet The Team
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., helps data-driven leaders use the value in their data to innovate
intelligently and reach outcomes that matter for business and society - what we call a double bottom line. Only Hitachi Vantara
combines 100+ years of experience in operational technology (OT) and 60+ years in IT to unlock the power of data from your
business, your people and your machines. We help enterprises store, enrich, activate and monetize data for better customer
experiences, new revenue streams and lower business costs What You Will Be Doing
This role is for a hands-on User Interface Senior Software Engineer to develop IoT microservice applications for Industrial IoT business. The ideal candidate would be a self-starting, energetic individual, not afraid to question assumptions and be imaginative. Candidate should care deeply about user experience, design, and simplicity. Participated in product requirement discussions with Product Management, Product Owner, Engineering Lead, and UX.
What you bring to the team:
- Capture system level requirements by brainstorming with Sr. Architects, Data Scientists, Businesses & Product Managers.
- Identify the scope of the work, provide initial estimate and justify the estimate with facts.
- Engage in technical discussions; participate in technical designs and present technical ideas through white boarding.
- Work closely with your peers and keep engaging in a fast pace technical design and development team.
- Maintain code quality through best practices, unit testing and code quality automation.
- Demonstrate the ability to make informed technology choices after due diligence and impact assessment.
- Understand whole product, its modules and the interrelationship between them while being an expert in the assigned component module.
- Help in designing interfaces and information exchange between modules.
- Possess advanced domain knowledge and show great customer focus. Expert in processes / methodologies and skilled in build, release & deployment processes (CI/CD).
- Be an expert in assessing application performance and optimizing/improving it through design and best coding practices.
- Be responsible for providing technical leadership and defining, developing, and evolving software in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development technologies and infrastructure.
Nice to have
- 5+ years of experience using React
- Experience developing solutions using open source and DevOps frameworks and tools such as Github, Selenium
- Experience working with Agile development practices (e.g. Scrum, TDD)
- Hands-on experience with front-end testing using Mocha, Jasmine, Selenium or equivalent framework
- Strong background in modern tooling (Bower, Grunt, gyp, npm)
- Prior experience with micro-frontend technology and framework
- Database experience with RDBMS and NoSQL
- Experience with automation/configuration management using Jenkins, Puppet, Chef or equivalent technologies and software configuration tools such as GIT, Perforce
- Experience with build script and CI/CD
- Hands-on experience in Secure-SDLC, SAST, DAST methodologies and tools
- Experience with container technology, docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with backend technology, overall application lifecycle and performance optimization
- Experience with Golang
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge