Meet The Team
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value. What You Will Be Doing
The Innovation Solution Manager of Infrastructure Orchestration is responsible for managing, defining, and coordinating the delivery of Hitachi Vantara's DIBU Infrastructure Orchestration as a Service offering. The Solution manager will also be responsible for the successful management of Hitachi Vantara's product strategy, vision, portfolio, and roadmaps as related to Infrastructure Orchestration offerings and owns the management of each offering throughout its entire life cycle - from development of the initial requirements and prioritizations through GTM execution and end-of-life product decisions. This entails owning and contributing to designs, managing the requirement documents, guarding the architectural integrity, and managing critical trade-offs of each offering. As the custodian of the solution/product requirement documents, the Innovation Solution Manager leads cross-functional team(s) to achieve agreement about the concept, design, delivery, and support of the offering, and justifies the agreed approach to management.
This position will require a self-driven approach with the ability to effectively collaborate and communicate across multi-functional teams including engineering, marketing, sales, commercial, support, and services to drive awareness and adoption of the solutions across Hitachi Vantara and its customers. This individual is responsible for driving communication across various development and GTM teams to ensure delivery timelines are met. The ideal individual is a team player who wants to innovate and grow while contributing to cutting-edge technology solutions and while processing in a fast-paced environment.
What You Bring to The Team
- Delivery and maintenance of formal Product Requirement Documents that translate customer/market/business needs into clearly defined product feature/capability requests for Engineering
- Development, delivery, communication, and maintenance of formal Roadmap
- Specifying product requirements by conducting research supported by customer feedback and working with all geography leaders and their teams to integrate feedback and business requirements. Ensuring the right blend of trade-offs to maximize the product impact in the marketplace, considering competition, time to market, costs, and internal capabilities.
- Analyzing and executing potential partner relationships for the product line.
- Maintaining a prioritized product backlog for the scrum team(s)
- Break user journeys (Themes) to epic and stories
- Work with architect to break epic stories to user stories for the scrum team to implement
- Work with developers to define/finalize the desired user experience
- Oversee the development of the user stories
- Work with scrum team to get ready for demo at the end of each sprint
- Work with scrum team to refine process, areas for improvement if needed.
- Accountable for each stage of the development process and the final product
- Tight collaboration and alignment with peer product owners from multiple product teams
- Effective reporting of delivery project progress
- Focus on quality in all aspects of software delivery
- Monitoring of customer adoption and support metrics and facilitation of customer escalations
- Strategic and business planning execution to successfully navigate the Hitachi Vantara governance and gating processes
- GTM execution for each Infrastructure Analytics and Observability solution
- Lead, manage and collaborate with cross-functional teams, business partners, and stakeholder management.
- Work with key stakeholders across the company to ensure successful product releases.
- Oversee early adoption projects and perform project management responsibilities as needed
- Communicate effectively with key stakeholders to ensure successful product releases and customer adoption. Act as an ambassador for the product internally and externally.
- Participate in discussions for "Continuous Improvement" activities. Capture and share best-practice knowledge, sales, and delivery content among the Automation Professional Services community
- Listen to customer needs, understand their challenges, articulate the overall services solution and subsequent implementation plan to customers in terms they comprehend
- Achieve timely completion of milestone tracking for governance, pricing, training, and back-office work-streams to ensure solution offering GTM and marketplace success.
- Review and document regular reporting, meet with teams and assist in the identification of gaps and/or blockers to milestones and outcomes.
- Work closely with business partners to understand business and functional requirements to align resources and prioritize appropriately.
- Lead oversight of day-to-day Project and Program control of a cross-function team
- Collaborate between geographically dispersed cross-functional teams including Product Management, Service Engineering, Service Delivery, Managed Services, Support, and Global Pricing
- Liaise between all business/tech/product owners utilizing portfolio systems and reporting to ensure clear communication and understanding of data and upcoming forecasts.
- Establish highly visible and positive awareness of the service offering in the marketplace
- Commitment to 25% of travel
- 5+ years of experience in Product Management
- A. or B.S. degree from an accredited university with a major in Computer Science or related field is a must.
- PMP Certification is a strong plus
- Strong project management background with specific experience with meeting aggressive timelines
- Risk management framework and reporting
- Exposure to a variety of enterprise software, cloud service and application technologies with a firm understanding of computing and storage hardware platforms, operating systems, fabric interconnects, and the DevOps life cycle
- Self-motivated with an inquisitive / problem-solving mentality, who can take ownership of a subject
- Excellent organizational, oral, and written communication skills
- AGILE Development Methodology, experience required
- Team management and negotiation
- Ability to demonstrate enthusiasm towards colleagues and clients
- Ability to effectively collaborate across (virtual) teams, time zones, and cultures
- Ability to perform under pressure & meet deadlines
- Ability to manage conflict and redirect it towards team focused success
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills
- Comfort in both business and technical forums
- Self-starter with the aptitude to function effectively in a very large organization
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage, and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension, and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge