Meet our Team
We are a global team and represent Hitachi Vantara to external suppliers across industries, establishing business relationships to source goods and services to support the internal needs of the enterprise while delivering the optimal value and contributing to the business of Hitachi. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure success that is celebrated and shared. Our contributions bring value the business and we need people like you to drive results and to passionately articulate our value proposition.What you'll be doing
Seeking to build strong relationships and trust with internal stakeholders providing strategic guidance to deliver sound business solutions for the sourcing and procurement of indirect goods and services utilized in the operation of the company.
Leveraging expertise in key indirect procurement spend categories to deliver creative and timely solutions to internal stakeholders with a focus on delivering financial value and risk mitigation to the company, including supplier sourcing, data analytics and contract negotiation.What you bring to the team
- 2+ years of relevant experience from an international organization including indirect category management as strategic buyer/category manager or similar.
- Proven negotiation skills and ability to manage multiple suppliers.
- An attitude to think creatively and work consistently to identify, develop and value driven supplier engagements and you'll be able to share specific examples to illustrate where and how you have done this.
- The ability to navigate complex supplier sourcing and negotiation scenarios and influence key internal and external decision makers to deliver results.
- A track record of meeting and exceeding key performance metrics such as cost savings, procurement compliance and dispute resolution, illustrating your persistent focus on value-based performance.
- An ability to build and work within virtual teams and you strive to create and deliver innovative solutions - we are all here to support your success!
- Ideally you'll also follow and being passionate about industry trends related to indirect procurement spend categories as well as procurement best practices and can share your knowledge within the team.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge