Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Senior Control Center System Engineer who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA.
Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
- Analyze customer supplied system specifications, decomposing the statements within such specifications into detailed functional, performance, hardware, software direct requirements and extending the requirement set by indirect requirements coming from, as an example, applicable standards, codes of practice, interfaces, etc.
- Identify gaps between customer requirements and company standard solutions
- Create requirement documents, including high-level design documents, interface control design documents and detailed software requirements and specifications, and requirements traceability documents in accordance with applicable quality standards
- Be the primary technical interface towards the customer throughout the life cycle of the project and act as technical liaison with other departments within the company working on the same project.
- Interface with internal customers (project managers, construction managers, project engineers, and application engineers) and external stakeholders (customers, contractors, local authorities, external assessor) to ensure consistent communication.
- Develop and execute commissioning plans, including resourcing, logistics, and scheduling. Onsite lead for commissioning and acceptance testing.
- Coordinate work sequences, schedules, resources and punch list items.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define and execute testing protocols to achieve commercial operation, based on contractual requirements.
- Oversee commissioning and acceptance testing of the entire plant in a safe manner, including control and communication networks, power supply, auxiliary systems like fire detection, ventilation, HMI.
- Provide local/remote technical support troubleshooting during commissioning, and operation as needed.
- Develop customer training and handoff material to internal and external O&M teams. Develop a train-the-trainer program to enable successful handoffs for safe operation of the plant.
- Create professional commissioning and testing reports for internal stakeholders and external customers.
- Drive continuous improvement on developing and capturing technical problem solving knowledge to enable other organizations to effectively resolve customer problems and inquiries.
- Ownership of administrative responsibilities including, but not limited to: service reports, issue logging/tracking, job safety analysis, quality compliance.
Required Skills/ Knowledge
- 5 years experience on several types of transportation systems (railway, metro, tram, freight)
- Plan, Follow up and Update Installation, Test and commissioning documents in accordance to the required specification for PSD System.
- Interface clarification and technical integration of all PSD systems as well as station structure/ station building services in the area of installation, Testing and Commissioning (ITC) within the station, including the interfaces to the existing and other systems.
- Technical clarification and support relevant to installation, testing and commissioning with subsystem, customer and consultant. Providing feedback concerning analysis of the technical problems and answering technical inquiries related to ITC.
- Follow up and report on progress of the work
- Follow intern/al process to raise any non-conformities found at site. /Trouble shooting of the system errors found and liaise with Engineering team for remedial actions.
- Strictly follow the safety rules and procedures as stated in the health and safety plan.
- Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Interfacing with internal and external (rolling stock, signaling, construction other) and the client
- Developing and overseeing technical design documents including Interface control documents (ICD), Design and installation Drawings/Documentation, Design Review documents, test procedures and reports for the PSDS scope
- Reviewing and accepting the Design-Build (DB) contractors design and working drawings, interface documentation, and method statements
- Supervising the construction of the Platform Screen Doors and ensuring their compliance to the clients requirements
- Liaising with internal project teams to resolve interface issues, in particular Civil, Signalling and Systems
- Reporting on progress, looking at potential commercial issues and feeding information directly to the claim teams
- Overseeing Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) approvals and support the RAMS assessments and complex safety analysis as part of the design safety case for the platform screen doors
- Basic knowledge of problems and solutions related to power distribution and grounding, wiring and connections, cabinets, cable paths, connections of metal structures to Civil Works, material properties, ISO/OSI stack and main communication protocols at different layers of the stack, motor control techniques, concepts of coding, architecture and operation of a computer, relay logics.
- Knowledge of the concepts related to maintenance principles, database, and protocols for data transfer and collection, configuration of maintenance asset and work orders, warehouse management and spare parts.
Desired Skills/ Knowledge
- 2 years’ experience on major Transportation projects
- Demonstrable track record in the design, installation, delivery, testing and operation of Platform Screen Doors
- Experience in managing the delivery of PSD works to quality, budget and schedule requirements
- Knowledge of international standards applicable to PSD
- Familiar with railway operational requirements and rail safety
- Good knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems including system assurance, manufacturing and quality processes, health and safety
- Fully conversant with all current installation practices and health and safety legislation and standards
- Must be used to working to and reporting against a contracted schedule
- Must be able to work under pressure and make on-site decisions to progress the works. BS in an engineering discipline or relevant experience as an Electrical and Automation Engineer
- At least 1 year of professional experience in design or commissioning or performance testing
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Ability to execute many projects and tasks in parallel, self-directed, highly detail-oriented, organized and flexible
- Ability to travel up to 75% of time, occasionally on short notice
Demonstrated experience in customer-focused problem solving
Education / Qualifications
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected]
Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.