Meet our Team
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.
We represent Hitachi Vantara Strategy & Operations team. This team supports the executive agenda for HV's $3B Digital Infrastructure BU (DIBU). It is focused on driving strategic initiatives including the annual planning process, business transformation programs and Sales & Services improvement programs. We are looking for a Manager, Strategic Initiatives to join this small but critical team. The role, reporting into the Director of Business Strategy & Insights, will be an integral member who will work with a cross functional set of stakeholders to help deliver on the strategic direction of the BU.What you'll be doing
The Manager - Corporate Development M&A (director level as an individual contributor
) will be part of the strategic corporate development team, reporting to the VP of Corporate Development - Mergers & Acquisitions. This role will partner with leadership in support of our growth strategy for Hitachi Vantara and several other entities in sourcing, identifying, planning, executing, and integrating M&A transactions. Tasks would include structuring, due diligence, valuation, negotiation, and executive presentations for all transactions. The role involves working closely with BU Leaders at Hitachi Vantara, our Executive Committee, and our Board of Directors.
The ideal candidate will be intellectually curious, strategically minded yet also operationally-oriented, and highly collaborative. They will be a well-rounded with the ability to lead strategic analyses as well as execute transactions. They will have significant deal background and interpersonal skills to excel in a multi-faceted corporation with significant experience leading matrixed deal teams. This person will have demonstrated success executing all aspects of transactions including acquisitions, divestitures, strategic investments, joint ventures, and other strategic alliances. This position can be located anywhere in the United States. What you'll be doing
What you bring to the team
- Evaluating Hitachi Vantara's asset mix and opportunities around new businesses and extensions of existing businesses.
- Partner as a trusted advisor with senior Corporate and Business Unit management on M&A evaluation and execution.
- Understand and communicate financial impact and risks of potential acquisitions and investments and recommend remediation actions.
- Develop relationships with key external parties including sellers, target companies, bankers, and financial advisors.
- Identifying, in collaboration with senior executives, strategies and portfolio opportunities that will profitably grow Hitachi Vantara in alignment with the strategic plan.
- Assessing fit, feasibility, and financial impact of new corporate and divisional strategic investments and making appropriate recommendations.
- Collaborating with strategy and M&A executives outside of Hitachi Vantara on cross-divisional projects or transactions, business development activities to build external relationships in the technology sector including sourcing potential acquisitions and partnership opportunities.
- Partnering with executives in overseeing financial analyses, including the development of detailed financial and operating models, valuations and ad hoc analyses as required.
- Manage interaction with Hitachi Vantara's business units and corporate groups including Legal, Tax, Accounting, HR, Treasury, Financial Planning & Analysis, and Investor Relations on transactions.
- Working on variety of high-level special projects including competitive due diligence.
• 7-10 years in investment banking and/or corporate development in technology sector
• 5+ years experience working in the technology industry, either through project work as a management consultant, or working directly for a tech company (ideally both)
• Experience supporting execution of M&A transactions including sourcing, internal selling, diligence and deal structuring
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills; ability to think logically and critically to define problems, develop recommendations; Creative/ out of the box-thinking
• Excellent ability to engage, build relationships, establish trust, influence and drive alignments across various levels of stakeholders including executive management
• Self-directed and results-oriented; strong bias for execution
• Strong communication and leadership skills
• Able to grasp different business models and valuation analysis
• Ability to maintain and develop a network of senior level relationships to facilitate deal flow
• International, global, cross-border experience a plus
• MBA preferred but not required Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage as we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. With Japanese Roots Going Back Over 100 Years, Our Culture Is Founded On The Values Of Our Parent Company Expressed As The Hitachi Spirit
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge