Meet our Team
The Global Head of Corporate Development (M&A) will be part of the executive management team, reporting to the Chief Strategy Officer. The VP is a highly visible position that plays a key role in working with Hitachi Vantara executives to drive the execution of M&A, (Mergers and Acquisitions) and equity investments in support of our growth strategy.
This position will be responsible for providing leadership around corporate strategy and every aspect of M&A for Hitachi Vantara including playing a lead role in sourcing, identifying, planning, executing, and integrating M&A transactions. Tasks would include structuring, due diligence, valuation, negotiation, and executive presentations for all transactions. The role involves working closely with BU Leaders at Hitachi Vantara, our Executive Committee, and our Board of Directors. The location for this role will be our Santa Clara campus. We will consider relocation/remote for the right candidate.
The ideal candidate will be intellectually curious, strategically minded yet also operationally-oriented, and highly collaborative. They will be a well-rounded corporate executive with the ability to lead strategic analyses as well as execute transactions. They will have significant deal background and interpersonal skills to excel in a multi-faceted corporation with significant experience leading matrixed deal teams. This person will have demonstrated success executing all aspects of transactions including acquisitions, divestitures, strategic investments, joint ventures, and other strategic alliances. They will handle stressful situations in a professional and balanced manner and will serve as a mentor, leader, and partner across the organization in a dynamic environment. Always willing to roll up their sleeves with an attention to excellence at all levels. What you'll be doing
What you bring to the team
- Evaluating Hitachi Vantara's asset mix and opportunities around new businesses and extensions of existing businesses.
- Partner as a trusted advisor with senior Corporate and Business Unit management on M&A evaluation and execution.
- Understand and communicate financial impact and risks of potential acquisitions and investments and recommend remediation actions.
- Lead cross-functional teams in diligence efforts and initial integration planning Develop relationships with key external parties including sellers, target companies, bankers, and financial advisors.
- Identifying, in collaboration with senior executives, strategies and portfolio opportunities that will profitably grow Hitachi Vantara in alignment with the strategic plan.
- Assessing fit, feasibility, and financial impact of new corporate and divisional strategic investments and making appropriate recommendations.
- Collaborating with strategy and M&A executives outside of Hitachi Vantara on cross-divisional projects or transactions, business development activities to build external relationships in the technology sector including sourcing potential acquisitions and partnership opportunities.
- Conducting and overseeing financial analyses, including the development of detailed financial and operating models, valuations and ad hoc analyses as required.
- Manage interaction with Hitachi Vantara's business units and corporate groups including Legal, Tax, Accounting, HR, Treasury, Financial Planning & Analysis and Investor Relations on transactions.
- Working on variety of high-level special projects including competitive due diligence.
- 10+ years of M&A/corporate development experience within a large global enterprise IT company.
- Experience in the technology sector is a must . High level knowledge/experience in IoT Business (preferably with industry knowledge such as manufacturing, energy and transportation). Understands and has worked in a large corporation with complex matrix organization.
- Must have executed M&A deals over $1B in size, preferable $10B and strong bankers experience.
- Strategic mindset and significant relevant M&A, Corporate Development, Investment Banking or Transaction Advisory experience and ability to advance the strategy-led M&A framework.
- Experience in managing Investment Bank and various advisors (from deal sourcing to execution).
- Capability to do high level analysis of business segments (financial, technology, market, macro trend, customer direction, strategy fitness, etc.)
- Patience in dealing with different culture and different decision making mechanism/logic.
- Interested in devoting himself/herself in transforming large old conglomerate into digital-ready company.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge