Hitachi Vantara Federal
Hitachi Vantara Federal combines technology, intellectual property and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara Federal elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes.The Role
Junior Accountant Job Description
We are looking for a diligent staff accountant to join our accounting department. The staff accountant's responsibilities include maintaining financial records and reports, performing account reconciliations, maintaining accounts payable, ensure timely payment of invoices and employee expense reports. Processing customer invoices and cost of sales bills. You will also be assisting the direct of accounting as needed and respond to information requests by management and other finance staff.
To be successful as staff accountant, you should be able to accurately maintain cash applications, vendor bills, expense reports and general ledger and ensure compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards and company policies. An outstanding staff accountant should also have excellent communication, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills. Junior Accountant Responsibilities:
• Maintaining financial reports, records, and general ledger accounts.
• Preparing journal entries, analysis, and account reconciliations and assisting with monthly close processes.
• Review and process expense reports, Pcard transactions, vendor bills and cash applications
• AR analysis and monitoring collections
• Prepare bank reconciliation
• Process benefit related payments semi-annually
• Maintaining documentation for accounts payable, purchasing, and treasury
• Performing monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
• Meeting processing and reporting deadlines.
• Responding to information requests, reviewing financial statements, and assisting with miscellaneous internal and external customers
• Ensuring compliance with IFRS
• Assisting the director of accounting and senior accountant as needed. Junior Accountant Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance required.
• 1-3 years of accounting experience.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Strong numeracy and analytical skills.
• Good problem-solving and time management skills.
• Highly organized and detail oriented.
• Good interpersonal skills
As part of our overall strategy and commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace, Hitachi Vantara Federal requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements under applicable federal, state, and local law. If you have any questions about this policy or require an exemption from this policy due to a medical reason, or because of a sincerely held religious belief, please contact Jennifer Shelton, Director Human Resources.Our commitment to diversity, inclusion and equality.
Hitachi Vantara Federal is committed to building a strong, inclusive culture that embraces diversity in our business. We will foster a sense of belonging by:
• Recruiting, retaining, developing, and mentoring a diverse workforce at all levels of the organization.
• Listening and providing opportunities for feedback to create an environment that values employees' perspectives and unique experiences.
• Striving to hold ourselves accountable as an organization, as individuals, and as leaders to learn, grow and continue to evolve our DEI strategy.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.