Company DescriptionCompany Overview
Hitachi Solutions is a global solutions integrator passionate about designing, developing, and delivering cutting edge cloud solutions to help our clients innovative across their entire business. Our firm develops the business services and technology powering some of the products you use every day - and is closely aligned with Microsoft and other leaders in the cloud computing space.
What sets Hitachi Solutions apart is both our industry focus, and the intellectual property that we bring to our customers. Recognized for our achievements year after year, we strive to be the trusted advisor of large and medium sized enterprises alike - helping them move fast to achieve strategic business initiatives with distinguished engineering, hard work, and compassion. With over 3,000 team members across 14 countries, in our 18 years of focus our company has seen explosive growth and high customer satisfaction. This has allowed us to offer exceptionally compelling salaries, 401k match, family leave, and health benefits. And no - we will not make you come into an office or ask for an inflexible work schedule.
A part of Hitachi, Ltd., our company has a long and rich history of innovation, financial strength, and international presence of one of the world's largest companies. Since 1910, Hitachi, Ltd. has been a leader in manufacturing innovative products and solutions that support industry and social infrastructure around the globe supported by 303,000 employees in over 100 countries and across 864 companies.New Product Development and Innovations Team
This position in our company is housed in our New Product Development team formed in 2021. Joining this team represents an opportunity to fast-track your career and to work with a team of fun and nerdy colleagues in a disruptive atmosphere: well-funded, focused on hypergrowth, moving quickly, and making mistakes in the furtherance of innovation and sound engineering.
Armed with an existing book of business, and a stable financial parent - it is the goal of this group to help our firm introduce products to enhance our already strong services business - ultimately making the cloud easier for our customers, and allowing us to hit our long term financial goals with greater-than linear scale.Job Description
This position sits in Hitachi Solutions America's New Product Development and Innovations group.
PLEASE NOTE: Position is Remote / Virtual / Work-from-home (no travel expected) and you MUST
reside, and be authorized to work, in the US. Job Description
Senior Power BI Architects are responsible to design proper data models that support business analytics, proper workspace management, governance and RBAC security, source code management and PBI administration. The architect will also provide guidance to Power BI Developers on best practice for developing high-quality datasets and visually stunning reports. Projects may range from short-term client assessments to multiyear delivery engagements with large, blended teams.Requirements:
QualificationsWe would like to see a blend of the following technical skills
- 8+ years of experience in Reports Development and Automation (or software development) including 5+ years of experience in Power BI, is required
- 2+ years of experience with the Azure data platform, e.g., ADF, ADLS, Synapse, etc., and Databricks are required
- Power BI Service architecture design and administration
- Data Modeling experience with Kimball method
- Able to quickly provide both M and DAX solutions
- Strong ability to quickly propose solutions by recalling the latest best practices learned from MVP & Product Team articles, MSFT documentation, whitepapers, and community publications
- A passion for understanding and integrating business semantics into technology solutions
- Excellent communication, presentation, influencing, and reasoning skills
- Ability to lead projects
- Certifications (such as Microsoft Certified Data Analyst, Analyzing Data with Microsoft Power BI, Analyzing and Visualizing Data with Microsoft Power BI, Azure Solutions Architect, Azure Data Scientist or Azure Data Fundamentals; or MSCA - BI Reporting) are a big plus --- also, if you have them we'll keep them current/active or we'll get you certified!
- Information Design
- SQL Server Studio (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, SSMS)
- DAX, M, PowerShell, and T-SQL
- VertiPaq and MashUp engine knowledge is a plus
- Power BI Desktop, Power BI Dataflows, Tabular Editor and/or DAX Studio
#LI-CA1Additional InformationWe are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.