Hitachi Solutions is a global Microsoft solutions integrator passionate about developing and delivering industry-focused solutions that support our clients to deliver on their business transformation goals. Our industry focus, expertise, and intellectual property is what truly sets us apart. We have earned, and continue to maintain, a strategic relationship with Microsoft.
Recognized for our achievements - teaming with our clients to deliver innovative digital solutions and services - is how we have achieved year after year recognition. As their trusted advisor, we support our clients to deliver on their strategic business initiatives as they unify, automate, and modernize their data and operations to increase efficiency, reduce costs, and enhance their customer's experience.
Our over 3,000 team members across 14 countries, and our 18 years of 100% focus on Microsoft technologies and business applications, is how we deliver excellence through expert services and industry-focused cloud solutions.
A part of Hitachi, Ltd., our company has a long and rich history of innovation, financial strength, and international presence of one of the world's largest companies. Since 1910, Hitachi, Ltd. has been a leader in manufacturing innovative products and solutions that support industry and social infrastructure around the globe supported by 303,000 employees in over 100 countries and across 864 companies.Job DescriptionNEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT AND INNOVATIONS TEAM
This position is housed in our New Product Development team formed in 2021. Joining this team represents an opportunity to fast-track your career and to work with a team of fun and nerdy colleagues in a disruptive startup atmosphere: focused on hypergrowth, moving quickly, and making mistakes in the furtherance of innovation and sound engineering.
Armed with an existing book of business, and a stable financial parent - it is the goal of this group to transform our company into a billion-dollar product company, by focusing on engineering excellence and making the cloud easier for our customers. SENIOR POWER BI DEVELOPER
Hitachi Solutions is seeking PBI Developers at Senior & Principal levels, as well as PBI Architects, to join our growing team as a direct employee (we offer comprehensive \"big\" company benefits!). Please note: You must
reside, and be authorized to work without sponsorship, in the US or Canada.
This is a full-time position in our product organization to be a member of our customer-facing project delivery pods for delivery of large scale analytics offerings to our enterprise Analytics as a Service customers.
Individuals in this role will design, build, and enhance custom and productized reporting in Power Bi and related technologies. Qualified candidates will have ample opportunity for cross-training, and involvement in other layers of the data stack. Qualifications
- 8 years of Power BI experience including 2+ years in big data or data warehouse/data lake projects in team environments
- Expertice with Power BI is required; experience with Power Query, PerformancePoint, PowerView, Power Platform, Analytics (Azure Synapse, backend in support of Analytics), SSRS/SSAS and/or Excel Services is highly desired
- 2+ years of experience with the Azure data platform, e.g., ADLS, Synapse, ADF, Databricks etc., is highly desired
- Experience with Tabular, DAX, SSRS/SSAS is required
- Experience with Kimball (Dimensional) Models, including the use of SCD type 2 models.
- Excellent SQL skills
- Experience designing and building large-scale, distributed systems
- Able to work with the customer's stakeholders to understand business and technical requirements.
- Experience with complex data modeling
- Able to identify and communicate issues/risks applying technical and root cause analysis skills
- Strong decision making, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Excellent communication, presentation, influencing, and reasoning skills
- Creativity and ability to think outside-the-box while defining sound and practical solutions
- Experience with Agile (Scrum preferred) processes/methods
- Industry certifications are a plus (and, if you have them we'll keep them current/active and if you don't we'll get you certified!)
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status#LI-CA1#REMOTE