JR Automation is seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer for our Ogden, Utah location.
Our Mechanical Engineering team never designs the same machine twice. You will be challenged to think outside the box and solve practical problems with no standard solution. As a lead member of a project team, you’ll work alongside our Applications, Controls, and Build teams to design, build, program, and deploy custom automated equipment and solutions for every application, process, and industry you never thought possible.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop conceptual designs for customer or sales and quoting
- Speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Complete layout of machine through detail of all components
- Solve practical problems with no standard solution
- Continually contact vendors for proper sizing and quotation of purchased items needed for design
- Responsible to assist with the successful management of assigned projects as they relate to cost, quality, timing and customer satisfaction
- Responsible to assist with the management of direct, indirect and overtime hours as they relate to workload, budget and timing
- Responsible to assist in developing the Mechanical Engineering Department through leadership, experience, positive attitude, encouragement and mentoring and strive to achieve the highest level of quality and performance from each team member as it relates to their individual ability
Note: This list of responsibilities is by no means inclusive; however, it is intended to be a guideline for activities.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or closely related engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of machine design experience on CAD system and/or Pro Engineer Basic and Advanced Assembly training; or equivalent combination of experience and education
Skills You’ll Have:
- Skilled in CAD design (Solidworks, Creo, etc.). Capable of creating and maintaining complex assemblies and subassemblies. (Setpoint uses Solidworks as the primary CAD system)
- Capable of performing structural analysis of mechanical parts and systems
- Experience in analytical troubleshooting, utilizing lean Six Sigma or other standardized problem-solving methodologies
- Good oral and written communication skills with experience presenting to colleagues and company management
- Proven documentation experience as manufacturing and/or customer deliverables
- Leadership of a team of engineers to complete a project
- Experience working with Project/Program Management to manage the engineering resources for a project
- Experience leading a team of engineering resources through a project “stage gate” process
- Experience creating standard documentation and processes to be used by engineering staff and company in general
- Travel to customer sites & other JR locations up to 20%
At JR Automation, A Hitachi Group Company, our talented teams leverage the latest technologies, innovative thinking, and decades of experience to provide our global customers with world-class automation equipment. We transform processes & optimize operations with the solutions we design, build, program & deploy for nearly every industry. Our people are the heart of our operations, and we believe unique skills and capabilities enable us to grow, collaborate and evolve.
Join our team of 2,200+ at one of the 27 facilities around the globe. We offer competitive pay, great benefits, apprenticeship programs, tuition reimbursement and training opportunities to develop your skills.
Come Think. Solve. Create. With Us!