Global Desktop Engineer - Citrix Administrator
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., helps data-driven leaders find and use the value in their data to innovate intelligently and reach outcomes that matter for business and society. We combine technology, intellectual property and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Only Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. We work with organizations everywhere to drive data to meaningful outcomes.
Great careers start with innovation and here at Hitachi Vantara, our promise is to deliver insights that power smarter businesses and inspire social innovation solutions for a healthier, safer future. The key to our innovation is our people -- our culture values respect, diversity, and collaboration. Join our Hitachi family and together, let's lead the way to extraordinary! Summary
Working in a global team environment where Global Citrix Administrator is responsible for the management and configuration of our Citrix environment. The administrator will be responsible for providing technical leadership and/or support in the creation and delivery of technology solutions designed to meet business needs.
As a trusted advisor, the Engineer will create and maintain effective relationships to ensure customer satisfaction. The highly motivated individual will maintain their knowledge of technologies and industry/market domain knowledge. The Engineer will provide team support for complex projects/programs that include business and technical solutions. Throughout the engagement process the Engineer will be responsible for planning, design, implementation and support to ensure the information technology (IT) solutions strategy is aligned with business strategy Responsibilities
• Technology and business enablement advocate advising the best practice methods in how to utilize IT to drive competitive advantage.
• Experience with Citrix NetScaler Gateway, Citrix Management Console, Citrix Storefront administration and XenApp
• Responsible for working with the Citrix suite (above) and integrating with the current network configuration and VMware environments to design solutions for new systems and enhancements to existing systems.
• Proactive solution monitoring including Citrix updates, fixes and general maintenance.
• Experience directly supporting applications in secure environments.
• Experience with Windows server (2008/2012/2016) administration and management
• Provide case resolution via remote access and ticket system.
• Report writing and detailed process documentation.
• Participates in on-call Tier II/III production support activities. Is expected to have the technical knowledge and capability to handle all problems that may arise.
• Proactively put procedures in place to prevent and reduce the severity of outages.
• Provide expert guidance to business units, driving solution adoption, and ensuring solution strategy is optimally aligned with business strategy.
• Ability to develop detailed project plans, work breakdown structures and operational readiness materials
• Ability to develop Application Specification deliverables that map business requirements to solution / technologies.
• Able to independently complete solution implementation or application design deliverables.
• Able to learn quickly and keep pace with the rapid changes in the IT industry particularly in cloud and mobility. Required Qualifications
• Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience within a large organization (>3000 users) implementing complex IT solutions
• Extensive experience with Citrix NetScaler Gateway, Citrix Management Console, Citrix Storefront administration and XenApp
• Designated Citrix and application point-of-contact to work with Tier II/III customers on long term projects and systems development
• Working knowledge of VMWare vSphere
• Experience with VMware technologies; vCenter, vMotion, Storage vMotion, SRM.
• Familiar with basic network protocols and troubleshooting
• Occasional weekend and after hours on-call work required.
• Excellent communication and verbal skills as well as business acumen
• Excellent problem-solving skills required. Desirable Qualifications
• Microsoft SCCM/Intune technologies
• Citrix CCA-V or CCP-V certification highly desirable
• SQL reporting, or PowerBI would be an advantage.
• Knowledge in the following technology areas
• Core infrastructure, virtualization and systems
• Cloud solutions (Public, Private, Hybrid)
• Network and security
• Scripting languages a plus