Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Maintenance Field Engineer who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from statistical analysis of maintenance dataflow to deep train knowledge. The position will be based in Madrid, Spain.
Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
Project Description (IF APPLICABLE)
Very High Speed Trains Fleets
- Assure the RAM data collection in the service operation of the vehicles, defining the data records structure according to the Contractual requirements
- With support of the System Support Engineering, assure a detailed Vehicle Management and control of changes to the vehicle / product configuration, ensuring the correct traceability of the status of each vehicle creating the as Maintained Configuration
- Manage infrastructure based systems (MRX, PanMon, Gotcha etc.) to ensure any notifications or maintenance alerts are received, and develop means of using this data to support condition based maintenance. Work towards integration with SAP and Virdict systems
- Provide performance analysis and recommendations for improvements for both, internal and external stakeholders relating to engineering support IT systems
- Assure the support to S&M Bid & Proposal defining the budget for any new bidding initiative
- Updating of spare par lists issued by the S&M Bid & Proposal and detailed by the Mobilization Engineering according to the maintenance plan and the RAM analyses and the service operation experience
- Conducting level of repair analysis (LORA) to define efficient and cost effective corrective maintenance, also providing feedbacks to Rolling Stock Design Engineering and S&M Standards & Training for standards modifications
- Support to maintenance operations,troubleshooting and management of maintenance activities, analysing any technical issue and suggesting the necessary corrective action according to the System Support Engineering indication
- Prepare the technical specification for any depot tool, interfacing with the suppliers, arranging the design review, coordinating the installation, the test and the commissioning with the support of Operations HSE
- With the support of S&M Standard & Training, provide training to team members and customer if required
- Realize failure analysis for extrawarranty (both vs. customer and supplier)
- Manage warranties with suppliers
- Validate the Maintenance Manual and propose modification upgrades.
- Develop continuous improvement of maintenance activities by proposing newly designed tools
- Knowledge in vehicle remote diagnostics and validation of data
- Responsible for reporting maintenance and safety defects, operational events and failures.
- Responsible to present operating data returning from the exercise (RAM data) to the Customer.
- Technical documentation development for workshop in relation to maintenance operations, based on the maintenance plan, complying with safety requirements.
- In charge of ensuring the implementation of maintenance plans at depot level and in the external sites, from the commissioning phase
- Responsible for supporting Project Team activities through on-field analyses. This includes:
- Supporting S&M Standards & Training in engineering procedures and practices development
- Optimizing the execution of maintenance regimes and assisting Maintenance Optimization in the development of optimized maintenance practices in support of current and future contracts
- performing small modifications on components and hardware, related to materials or processes
- In charge of supporting all the S&M Operations delivery continuous improvement programs - through the collection and management of operating data applying return of experience process from operation - to ensure contractual requirements are achieved and exceeded
- Responsible for ensuring support to S&M Procurement and S&M Operations during the assessment and approval of new / second source suppliers, so that engineering and quality needs are adequately identified and addressed
- Responsible for supporting S&M Quality control function in reporting component or train failures, also assessing component reparability and related safety risk
Required Skills/ Knowledge
- Experience to perform the aforementioned accountabilities as dictated in section above
- Bachelor of Mechanical or Electrical/Electronic Engineer or technical degree required preferably in electrical, mechanical, or systems engineering
- Minimum 4 years railway vehicles maintenance engineering application experience
- Previous work in railway maintenance sector, with particular focus on maintenance plan optimization, complex troubleshooting and RAMS analysis
- Willing to take on big challenges with large-scale Regional projects
- Able to perform vehicle system diagnosis and analysis
- Ability to interpret contract specification
- Ability to read, understand and interpret drawing, schematics and cable plans
Desired Skills/ Knowledge
- Previous experience in Maintenance Field engineering on railway fleets
- Basic working knowledge of Rail Train Subsystem such as Automatic Train Supervision, Vehicle, Telecommunication, STB, Pneumatic brake, traction converter, high voltage gear, HVAC, etc.
- Knowledge and ability to review maintenance documentation from sub-suppliers
- Basic understanding of software configuration managements (CM)
- Basic understanding of software programming logic
- Basic working knowledge of statistical analysis programme
- Operation and Maintenance Processes
- Previous experience on ECM projects and Homologation planning
- Railway Operations and Signaling principles
- SAP environment knowledge
- Planning and organization
- Spare part analysis, definition and forecast setup according to return of experience
- Design to maintain and continuous improvement willingness and attitude
- Used to work in industrial enviromets (i.e.,wharehouse, rolling stock depots)
Education / Qualifications
Electrical, Electronic, Mechanical Engineering or System Engineering Qualifications/Associate Degree or equivalent technical background.
Spanish and English Proficiency
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our follower!
Have a glance to our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirail