Job Title -Test Engineer, Kolkata Meet our Team
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value. What you'll be doing
Hitachi Vantara seeks a Senior Test Engineer with strong hands-on technical skills that span Hitachi or Competitor enterprise storage arrays, replication products, SAN switches, Operating system, scripting etc.. The individual will be responsible to contribute on replication performance tests and other solution tests with minimum assistance from peers. What you bring to the team Responsibilities
- Set up test environment and run performance benchmarking tests on replication environment with Hitachi storage systems.
- Create and document detailed test plans, performance briefs, Implementation Guides and other technical documents that detail the configurations, test methodology results and Best Practices.
- Work with Engineering and partners (if appropriate) to properly set test and performance goals and maximize results.
- Design, develop, and maintain a dynamic lab environment that can be rapidly configured to suite specific hardware or software solutions.
- Create and provide advanced-level technical training to System Engineers (& other technical audiences as appropriate).
- Develop automated scripts for testing, setup preparation etc. (using Python, Shell, etc).
- Provide frequent status updates and reports to keep management up-to-date.
- Experience in performance benchmarking, tuning and analysis. File, Content and/or Block performance bottleneck identification is critical for this role.
- Good experience on NAS, File storage architecture, configuration, and management.
- Experience on software defined storages, configuration, provisioning, troubleshooting etc.
- Experience in Cloud platform and storage administration is an advantage.
- Experience with other virtualization technologies such as VMware vSphere or Microsoft Hyper-V is a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of the Linux operating system.
- Good hands on experience with HDS storage or at an expert level with IBM/HP/EMC/NetApp storage in block and file services.
- Good storage knowledge in RAID, disk-subsystem, file system, snapshot, replication (in-system, remote) and deduplication.
- Excellent knowledge in networking and storage protocols: NFS, CIFS, TCP/IP, Fibre Channel, Storage Area Network.
- Coding experience (in python, Perl, shell, etc) to automate test scripts is a big plus
- Excellent writing and documentation skills; very good verbal communications (including presentations and providing technical training).
- Broad exposure and experience in integrating hardware solutions including servers (UNIX, LINUX, and Windows) with storage systems.
- Excellent internal and external customer skills. Possess the ability to work and communicate with the senior technical and executive levels including consultants, SE, PM, VP, etc.
- A team player and fast adoption to changes (technical and process) is a must.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering/ Computer Science or equivalent.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge