Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition. What you'll be doing
• Establish, agree and own the required plans for each assigned engagement, in line with Hitachi Vantara standards and practices.
• During the proposal phase, pro-actively review all expressed customer requirements and integrate these into the single project plan, ensuring that the project definition and plan are complete with reference to the deliverables, completion criteria, key dates, milestones, effort, and cost.
• Ensure that a full risk assessment is undertaken, a risk register is created and the risks are actively managed throughout delivery. Develop and manage contingency plans as required.
• Drive the execution process to achieve the defined scope and deliverables to the dates and milestones set and agreed in the plan and contract. Control out-of-scope requests and initiate corrective action either to bring back into scope or to negotiate contract extension or change control.
• Operate tight controls to monitor and report on progress, specifically recording all costs and effort expended on the project.
• Report progress to both the customer and Hitachi Vantara management, getting broad support and buy-in for initiatives, leveraging relationships with key senior players.
• Provide team leadership to all engagement participants and ensure that a sense of common purpose is developed, and effective relationships exist between all parties.
• Overall, ensure that all completion milestones are achieved, obtaining customer sign-off and acceptance certification.
• Manage or participate in any strategic post project reviews, and feedback lessons learned as part of Hitachi process improvement, leveraging deep customer and market insight experiment, innovate and foster the early adoption of new ideas to deliver client value.
• Ensure that the Hitachi Vantara brand value is enhanced through maintaining high customer satisfaction throughout the project and, where customer policy allows, that the customer can be referenced for the service delivered.
• Ensure all engagements are appropriately resourced and that resources are assigned within the project management system for time management purposes. Ensure budgeted and planned hours are maintained accurately and time, expense and invoice approvals are dealt with in a timely manner. Folders need to be retained according to published standards to satisfy audits.
• Identify opportunities for improving existing processes to aid with the continuous improvement of the Project & Program Management Practice through the on-going development of best practices, tools and templates. Make strategic judgements on what will build profitability and make money for the business.
• Ensure Hitachi Vantara quality and best practices are met by stretching and tapping into the performance of diverse processes, people and teams with a wide range of capabilities.
• Continually develop personal skills and experience, sharing own knowledge and experience to help the whole team to develop to their maximum potential.
• Maintain up to date knowledge of all core Hitachi Vantara products and services.
• Take advantage of all types of available education material to broaden skills and develop agreed areas of specialization.
• Develop knowledge of industry best practices for specific solution areas.
Prior Experience and Technical skills
• IT Infrastructure project management experience, preferably Storage technologies, knowledge of Datacenter technologies and prior experience in DC move, migration, implementation projects, preferably Storage, SAN related projects
• Expert in project management methodologies, ITIL methodology, familiarity to datacenter technologies
• Around 8-12 years of relevant experience including working within complex environments
• PMP certified is a plus
• Deep knowledge of the full Project Management Life cycle (Project Initiation to Project Closure) including but not limited to Customer & Stakeholder communications & presentations, financial reporting & management, resource management, procurement process and all project sign-off to closure activities
• The ability to detect possible causes of conflict or customer dissatisfaction early in the cycle and the ability to take decisive action to resolve them.
• Demonstrated ability to complete tasks throughout the full project and program lifecycle from initiation through to successful completion.
• Knowledge of industry best practices for specific solution areas.
• Demonstrating leadership versatility: Motivating and inspiring people from different functions, cultures and demographics.
• Stretching performance: Stretching and tapping into the performance of diverse processes, people and teams with a wide range of capabilities.
• Stakeholder influencing: Getting broad support and buy-in for initiatives, leveraging relationships with key senior players.
• Collaborating across boundaries: Building reciprocal relationships and alliances across the business.
• Building business alignment: Aligning teams from across the business with a unifying strategy to achieve long-term goals for future success.
• Maximizing business return: Making judgments on what will build profitability and make money for the business.
• Driving differentiation: Leveraging deep customer and market insight to experiment, innovate and foster the early adoption of new ideas to deliver client value across markets.
• Coaching talent: Sharing own knowledge and experience to help the whole team to develop to their maximum potential.
• Work may require in shifts due to the nature of projects and for meetings, discussions and planning with global stakeholder teams.
• Success of all assigned engagements - ability to plan, manage risk and assess complex situations and deliver engagement on time, within budget and meeting expectations.
• Compliance with time and expense reporting guidelines.
• Willingness of the wider Hitachi Vantara teams such as Sales to include the Program Manager in future engagements
• Usage and development of published Hitachi Vantara service delivery methodology's, tools, and systems.
• Billable and Utilisation percentage as a function of time-reporting.
• Compliance with skills-development plan and rating of ability on the various skill areas, within The Hitachi University.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Information Technology or other related technology fields of study.
• Industry recognized Project and Program Management certifications - PMP, Prince2, etc preferred. Agile Scrum Master certification also desirable.
• PMP certified preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge