** This is
NOT a Learning & Development Trainer position. Seeking candidates with talent planning, talent reviews, succession planning, performance management and leadership development of leaders (executives, managers, etc.) experience, and managing those programs and projects **Meet our Team
Hitachi Vantara is at a pivotal point in a journey where we are looking to globalize our HR processes, create alignment across the business, and develop our leaders and culture to meet the challenges that will take us from now to the next. We are looking for an individual who is passionate about playing a key role in building and evolving our global talent and leadership development programs and processes to identify, assess and develop our current and future leaders, shape a culture of innovation and growth, and enhance our internal and external leadership brand. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, and are eager to take on new challenges, this could be an exciting opportunity for you to make a significant impact. The Global Talent Management & Leadership Development Specialist will report to the Head of Global Talent Management & Development. This is a Senior Level individual contributor role, NOT Manager or Director level.
The role will be remote with a hybrid remote/ in office model to be determined. Candidates in the Dallas, TX area preferred with consideration for qualified candidates in other parts of the US. What you'll be doing
In this role, you will be responsible for managing and implementing talent planning and leadership programs and processes across the 70-20-10 spectrum for our executives, successors, high-potentials, and other levels of leadership. This includes internal customized programs, external best in class programs, leadership assessments, coaching and critical experience-based development programs. Additionally, you will be involved in talent and succession planning processes as well as other talent interventions and initiatives. Gathering, analyzing and synthesizing data to inform our leadership development roadmap and strategy is also a key part of this role. Focus of the role will evolve as we build out the function. What You Bring To The Team
- 10+ years of progressive Corporate Human Resources experience, within leadership or program development.
- Manage the implementation and execution of succession, talent review and other talent planning and leadership processes.
- Expertise and experience with the full spectrum of 70-20-10 leadership development (assessments, coaching, mentoring, experience-based development, rotations, formal customized coursework, and other leadership development interventions).
- Understanding and familiarity with best-in-class leadership development programs, approaches, and vendors.
- Partner with external vendors to select or develop programs, write proposals, negotiate, and contract.
- Partnering and collaborating with Hitachi Ltd. on core programs as appropriate.
- Develop, manage, and implement change and communication plans.
- Ability to be hands on, agile, highly collaborative, multi-task and manage programs, projects, processes, prioritize, organize, problem solve and execute on plans.
- Analyze data to glean key insights, determine and synthesize into programs.
- Project management & consulting background a plus.
- Bachelor's degree required, degree in IO Psychology and/ or Instructional Design, or a Master's.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge