Meet our Team
The Global Center of Excellence represent Hitachi Vantara to customers and partners across industries, establishing relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable solutions with our products, services and solutions. We represent solutions that bring value to every line of business, and we need you to continue building these deep relationships and passionately articulate our value proposition. What you'll be doing
If you are a leader and you thrive on challenge, are motivated, creative, and can hit the ground running, we want YOU on our team!
This leadership role is a Pre-Sales function which focuses on aligning Hitachi Vantara offerings to customer business initiatives. As the AMER Team Lead you will lead a team of highly skilled and motivated Technical Solution Experts as part of the Hitachi Vantara Technical Sales leadership team, with focus on Global presence and availability. By partnering with Regional Pre-Sales leads, you will develop regional strategies and drive innovative technical product and solution support to accelerate the Sales Cycle. This position requires an understanding and working knowledge of industry solutions, such as Converged Solutions, Core Storage Solutions as well as Content Solutions. Required Skills and Experience
Additional Skills and Experience
- Plan, manage, and oversee the daily functions, operations, projects, and activities of the Global Center of Excellence, including workforce development, partnership development and strategic planning.
- Provide guidance in development and implementation of goals, objectives and priorities for the Center of Excellence.
- Develop, improve and standardize procedures and methods to improve and continuously monitor the efficiency and effectiveness of the Center of Excellence and its processes and procedures.
- Strong knowledge of IT infrastructure technologies; Core Storage and Converged technologies, Virtualization/VMware, Business Continuity, Data Protection, Content Solutions and Architectures.
- Address difficult and sensitive inquiries and complaints and assists with resolutions and alternative recommendations
- Provide leadership and direction to the Global Center of Excellence team with regards to business direction and alignment to our company goals. This will partly be based on knowledge of industry trends and will include customer demand which aligned to our product and solution offering.
- Experience in supporting the technical sales organization, including "go-to-market" initiatives, enablement programs and solution validation support.
- Maintain the level of execution at top in class product and solution support to assist our account teams during the sales cycle and align resources to deliver on commitments and drive results.
- Foster a culture that maintains relationships with key contributors to facilitate on-going flow of information concerning current and new solution needs.
- Develop positive relationships with Internal Product and Solution specialists/managers to ensure constant collaboration and synchronization between product features and functionality to align to most relevant trends and offerings.
- Work closely with product management and product marketing to collaborate on new product and solutions releases and launches.
- Provide mentorship and coaching to the team of Technical Experts towards CoE strategy and value proposition.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, presentation and writing skills.
- Previous experience in leading a team of resources.
- Advanced negotiation skills and ability to influence others.
- Ability and experience working in direct, cross-functional and cross-cultural teams.
- Active member of the Technical Sales team passionate about influencing and driving organizational direction and priorities.
- Advocate for continuous improvement in customer experience to increase brand loyalty for Hitachi Vantara.
- Translate Hitachi Vantara's technology vision, strategy, and goals into a compelling value proposition for the team.
- 10+ years of experience in a Support Leadership, Support Operations, and/or Center of Excellence role
- Excellent interpersonal skills working with remote and cross-functional teams
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge