As an Applications Engineering II you will work alongside a team of automation experts. Together you will develop an accurate budget and project quote outlining key concept points, sequence of operations and mechanical descriptions to ultimately create custom, innovative and integrated solutions for our customers. This is a role for a creative engineer that likes customer interaction and solving problems.
What You'll Do:
- Developing a comprehensive quote package that incorporates necessary documentation for internal and external audiences such as Proposal Package, Internal costing structure, Risk Assessments, Flow Charts, Cycle Time Charts, etc.
- Supporting Account Managers by ensuring pain points and competitive advantages are leveraged into the proposals.
- Generating concept solutions using your mechanical aptitude and Solidworks to address problems with no previous or standard solution.
- Developing proposals that have a clearly defined scope, which includes specifying machine buy-off requirements, identifying customer part requirements at project level, and ensuring that the customer specification has been reviewed and that appropriate assumptions and exceptions are made.
- Facilitating concept brainstorming, leading docket review meetings with the support of a Level 3, Lead, or Manager.
- Presenting to the executive team for review with the support of a Level 3, Lead, or Manager.
- Supporting functional team members associated with a project by facilitating project authorization meetings for awarded work and consulting with the PM for scope variation.
- Maintaining AE related fields in company CRM.
- Schedule and facilitate Project Authorization Meetings for PEP.
- Traveling with a mentor.
- Presenting to a customer with the support of a mentor.
Note: This list of responsibilities is by no means inclusive; however, it is intended to be a guideline for activities
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related business/engineering field or related industry experience.
- At least 3 years of industry experience in a related business or Applications Engineering role.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite