Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition.
We are searching for a senior data scientist to develop and productize analytics artifacts with data-centered product lines within product organization. The senior data scientist will be required to work with product management and product owners to identify and outline/develop analytics requirements that are suitable to enhance product with AI/ML components for prediction, optimization and automation, teamwork with data scientists, ML engineers, software developers and PM, PO staff of the product organization. Candidate should have 5 years relative experience and have ability to harness mastery of Data Science to innovate on various aspects of analytics solutions.
To be successful as a senior data scientist, candidate should use data to ultimately inform and promote the company's product expansion. Senior data scientists will assume a prominent role in the development of junior staff.
• Formulating, suggesting, and managing data-driven projects which are geared at furthering the business's interests.
• Collating and cleaning data from various entities for later use by junior data scientists.
• Teamwork with other members in the Data Science team in order to realize the successful completion of products sprints.
• Continuously benchmark the analytics performance of Data Scientists engagements and practices and providing them with practical guidance, as needed.
• Evaluating, selecting, and employing advanced statistical and AI/ML procedures to obtain actionable insights and cross-validating models to ensure their generalizability for data from product(s) that model may be deployed to.
• Producing and disseminating technical white papers that detail the successes (and/or limitations) of product lines related use cases. Suggesting ways in which insights obtained might be used to inform business decisions through UI/UX.
• Staying current about developments in Data Science and adjacent fields to ensure that AI/ML knowledge are always relevant.
• Advanced degree in data science, statistics, computer science, or similar.
• Extensive experience as a data scientist, in at least one of these industries: manufactory, energy and transportation and productize analytics model.
• At least 5 years of practice developing and deploying AI/ML models
• Proficiency in Python and SQL and corresponding AI/ML libraries, like sciki-learn, pandas, statmodels, xgboost, XAI libraries like shap, eli5. Nice to have knowledge in keras, tensorflow or pytorch
• Required to have knowledge in unsupervised, supervised and semi-supervised techniques. Nice to have deep learning model techniques mainly for computer vision problems
• Nice to have knowledge on bash Linux commands, docker, github and kubernetes
• Big Data tools : Nice to have knowledge on big data tools like pyspark, hive, Hadoop
• MLOps; Nice to have knowledge on Mlflow and Seldon Core
• Delivery projects to customers and experience in present those results
• Competent in machine learning principles and techniques.
• Demonstrable history of devising and developing data science projects.
• Ability to relay insights in layman's terms, such that these can be used to inform business decisions.
• Outstanding mentorship abilities.
• Capacity to foster a healthy, stimulating work environment that frequently harnesses teamwork.
• Compliance with prevailing ethical standards.Perks
- Health plan (extendable to spouses/children)
- Life insurance
- Annual bonus
- Mobile phone and communication plan
- Gym reimbursement
- Flexible schedules
- Open source development
- Informal and relaxed work environment
- Lots of growth opportunities