Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.
We offer an inclusive, highly collaborative workplace and we recognize our biggest asset is our people; they drive our innovation advantage. Our social Employee Resource Groups, including our active Women of Hitachi, LGBTQ+, CSR and Veteran's communities represent our diverse employee base. Diversity and individuality are welcomed and we're looking for like-minded, passionate and driven people to join us. In return, we offer industry leading benefits packages and promote a creative culture where you can come to work, be yourself and be successful.Meet our Team
Join our growing team of compliance professionals. The Hitachi Vantara Global Compliance team operates in a fast-paced tech environment, providing top notch compliance risk analysis, advisory, education, and investigative support. Your will support the Regional Compliance Managers in their daily duties with primary focus on researching applicable compliance requirements and best practices, resolving escalated compliance inquiries/issues/red flags, and participating in partner audits, compliance reviews and internal investigations. Opportunities for advancement as well as skillset and knowledge expansion as the team evolves to support the growing needs of the company's expanding business portfolio.What you'll be doing
• Research different laws, rules, regulations, and compliance best practices by reviewing the applicable laws, regulatory bulletins, news briefs, and other sources of information
• Support partner audits and corporate investigations by collecting evidence and corroborative intelligence, analyzing relevant data and documentation, participating in interviews, and maintaining workpapers
• Collect and evaluate available information, data and intelligence on business practices, operations, deals and projects to uncover and address compliance red flags, weaknesses, and risks
• Advise on and resolve employees' compliance concerns, provide review/approvals for compliance requests (e.g. conflict of interest assessment, promotional and marketing funding, travel and expenses evaluation)
• Analyze third party due diligence red flags and advise on resolving related risks
• Draft concise summaries and reports, outlining findings and recommendations for addressing red flags identified
• Produce analytics and reporting on compliance KPIs, statistics, trends, and other data
• Draft information and training materials and deliver compliance training to the business What you bring to the team
• A minimum of 3-5 years' experience performing compliance reviews, corporate due diligence and/or internal investigations
• Detailed knowledge of corporate compliance framework and related risks (e.g., bribery, competition, conflict of interest, anti-money laundering, fraud and other financial crimes, etc.), a desire to learn about data privacy, information security and ESG risks
• Understanding of risk assessment and risk management process and techniques
• Excellent analytics thinking, drawing conclusions and report writing skills (e.g., concise, well-reasoned, and clear recommendations)
• Attention to detail and ability to embrace complexity
• Ability to work under limited supervision and prioritize tasks
• Demonstrated experience and presenting findings and recommendations to senior management
• Demonstrated business partnering skills
• Developing and maintaining a compliance recordkeeping system.
• Proficiency in Microsoft365 products and third party management/screening software
• Business fluency in English & Spanish Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge