We are recruiting a Senior Software QA Manager and Lead to work as part of the File Engineering team in Hitachi Vantara. An ideal candidate will understand the entire process of creating valuable software and be involved with the complete development-test cycle. Duties are expected to include leading a team of test professionals in the creation of automated system level tests as well as providing infrastructure design and process to drive a standardized QA process throughout the team in the various scrums.
This role is expected to be part hands on at first moving to higher levels of responsibility as the project matures. The leader must understand how to organize the test process and use automation to deliver the desired quality. The candidate should have experience with people manager skills as well as technical leadership. The quality leader will be interacting with team developers, test developers and senior managers to play a key role in shaping the design, testing and integration of prioritized work. This will involve tackling problems of diverse scope, designing and implementing testing to ensure the quality of the product. Good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions is essential.
• Manage 6-8 QA professionals as a mentor, technical lead and hiring manager.
• Technically lead a QA team targeted at integration, stress, performance and final system validation.
• Provide direction and process to organize other QA team members in providing a consistent test methodology and strategy for the various scrum team efforts
• Drive Test Case Management within the QA organization.
• Design and implement automated tests in collaboration with other engineers
• Create and drive execution of adhoc, manual and exploratory tests to ensure the quality of the product
• Create, support and maintain automated testing infrastructure, suggesting and driving improvements where possible
• Post release, be involved in diagnosing and resolving escalated problems.
• Produce and maintain high quality documentation
• 6 years experience leading QA development at Manager or Director level
• 2 years managing people and their careers plus hiring and mentoring
• Significant experience programming in Python and exposure to Selenium
• Experience with (or strong knowledge of) automation infrastructure e.g. Jenkins, Salt, Docker, etc.
• Tools experience:
o Test / defect management systems e.g. JIRA, HP ALM/Quality Center, PractiTest
o Source control - e.g. GitHub, Mercurial
• 4+ years of experience or expertise in a selection of the following:
o NAS and Storage systems
o Unix/Windows client/server environments (including NFS and SMB protocols)
o Software-Defined and 'as-a-service' technologies
• Understanding and experience of testing NFS/SMB protocols is highly advantageous
• Exposure to AWS services such as EC2, EBS, S3, Networking and RDS
• Experience in C++ and/or Java is beneficial
• Aptitude - self-starter, love of learning, inquisitive mind, openness to new ideas
• Excellent attention to detail, and adaptability to change
• Strong verbal and written communication skills exercised on a regular basis
• Driven, self-motivated, with a strong work ethic; an individual who has a passion for problem solving and improving engineering deliverables.