Job ID: R0011669
Date Posted: Aug 31, 2022
Business Unit: Hitachi Rail
Company Name: Hitachi Rail STS USA, Inc.
Profession (Job Category): Other
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Associate Component Engineer who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA or Batesburg, SC.
Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
· Review Manufacturer Process Change Notices for Hitachi Rail affected components
· Propose the best solutions to deal with obsolescence issues including qualifying an alternate part, performing a Last Time Buy, partial or total redesign of the product or any combination of these solutions
· Assist R&D group with new component research
· Understand product-supporting objectives
· Create Mitigation Plans in order to maintain the products
· Monitor the lifecycle of components used in Hitachi Rail products
· Detect obsolescence issues as early as possible using company lifecycle tools
· Perform lifecycle analysis of Hitachi Rail products and communicate Products Health status to other departments
· Report the health of Hitachi Rail product lines, identify main risks and products redesign requirements
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
· Knowledge of electronic and electrical components
· Knowledge of PDM and ERP tools
· Ability to work in a multicultural international environment
· Ability to work both within a team and independently
Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
· Knowledge of electromechanical and mechanical components
· Electronic and /or electrical design experience
· Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering discipline, or Associate’s Degree in Electronics with a minimum of three years of relevant experiences
· English - Proficient
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected]
Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.