Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Fuctional Design Engineer who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Genoa, Italy .
Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 14.000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
Deliver the functional design of small Signalling projects (in terms of geography,
or number of objects or subsystems or interfaces involved...) in accordance with industry and company standards.
- Co-ordinate and manage competent resources and standard methods & tools to deliver contract and Company requirements;
- Ensuring the implementation of standard and efficient solutions (procedural and technical), in compliance with the strategic guidelines;
- Produce and implement Inspection & Test Plan, (ITP) procedure and ITP’s required for their WP
- Support with production of suitable Purchase Technical Specifications, (PTS)
- Ensure that external providers or contractors have suitable ITPs and PTS in place
- Ensuring the quality of the deliverables issued by resources under their responsibility.
- Endeavour to resolve project issues internally before escalating the issues to the organisational authorities and Team Leaders/Project Engineer
- Escalate issues to their own hierarchical managers, as appropriate, when the issue requires a know how that is not available at project level.
- Responsible for the coordination of the design and definition of the technical solution within their Work Package
- Responsible for the implementation of requirements management to IMS/GBMS and contract requirements
- Responsible to implement the Design Plan and manage the design execution within their WP
- Responsible for the design assurance within their WP
- Responsible for the defining the interfacing requirements/specifications within their own WP
- Providing data and technical interfaces to support safety and RAM analysis and approvals.
- Be the interface affecting the WP on technical issues from inception until closure of the project
- Coordinate all technical discussions with the Authorities, the Customer, the Partners, other Contractors, and, if necessary, with the Suppliers.
- Authorize the transmission of all technical documents to the Customer and the Authorities, with the exception of the RAMS documents for which the authorization is in charge of the RAMS manager.
- Agree and implement WP time and quality objectives with the Principle Project Engineer, as well as other priorities, formalize within Engineering Management Plan (EMP) and the Design Plan.
- Coordinate the technical work within the Project Team, liaising with Principle Project Engineer, RAMS, Project Quality Assurance Engineer, Construction Manager, Commissioning Manager and Supply Planner.
- ·Ensure the finalization of the project solution and its adequate realization, through the collection of all feedback from site activities and the related corrective actions, during the whole project life cycle until the final system acceptance.
- Agree with the Principle Project Engineer on the key technical risks, assist in development of the risk matrix and apply the risk management strategy of the project.
- Lead regular WP technical meetings, including Design Reviews, of the project team to discuss project progress, monitor processes, non-conformities and discuss technical matters.
- Provide all information (as skill, time and duration of the effort) to Engineering Team Managers for adequate resource staffing, and escalate the request within Engineering Organization, whenever the case, to ensure that the needed Team members are secured to the project.
Required Skills/ Knowledge
- From 5-10 Engineering project delivery experience in a senior WP role
- Strong communication skills - for liaising with clients, supply chain, WPLs and other engineering staff
- Working knowledge of key UK health and safety procedures and legislation, (e.g. CDM 2015) that affects the engineering systems/processes
- Has worked in multi-functional and/or international projects
- Experience of managing engineering budgets and costs
- Flexibility in regards to domestic and international travel
- Demonstrable experience of interfacing with customers, stakeholders and suppliers at all levels
- The ability to work on own initiative, setting clear targets and deliverables
- A self-starter willing to take responsibility for delivery of goals and objectives
- Familiar and comfortable in working in a project/functional matrix organization
Desired Skills/ Knowledge
- Experience of managing/operating in turnkey or signaling project team
- Highly motivated and can work with minimum supervision
- Good communication skills
- Demonstrates perseverance, patience and commitment for long term success
- Good organisation/time management
- Enjoys challenges and problem solving
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Highly organised and methodical
- A team player
Electrical, Electronic, or Computer Engineering or Information Technology Qualifications/ University Degree or Equivalent Technical Background
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.careers.hitachi.com
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our follower!
Have a glance to our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirail