As Hitachi, Ltd.'s global digital modernization company, with operations in the United States, Europe and Asia, Hitachi Vantara is a recognized leader in delivering proven business and IT strategies and solutions to Global 2000 companies across many industries. With a balanced view of strategy, people, process and technology, we work with companies to understand their unique business needs, and to develop and implement practical business strategies and technology solutions. From business strategy development through application deployment, our consultants are committed to helping clients quickly realize measurable business value and achieve sustainable ROI. Technical / Solution Architect
The Technical / Solutions Architect will be the technical leader in all phases of the application/product development cycle, including requirements analysis, conceptual design, project estimation, detailed design, software construction and deployment and will facilitate and lead the core development process as well as ensure proper interaction with existing technology and selected add-on technologies.
The Solution Architect is the driving force behind the delivery of technical solutions. By guiding the selection and implementation of appropriate technologies, the Solution Architect ensures that solutions are secure, accurate, performant, maintainable and aligned with Enterprise Architecture standards and patterns.
The Solution Architect remain intimately engaged with technical solutions by actively reviewing technical designs and implementations. They are offered the opportunity to continuously develop their skillsets by contributing to the implementation of POCs and product features, as well as through participation in guilds, training, and conferences.Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or Software Engineering
• 10+ years of application development experience with large scale business applications in agile or fast-paced development environment
• 8+ years of technical and/or management consulting experience architecting enterprise and application solutions
• 5+ years designing, developing, and implementing business applications from business concept through to production
• 5+ years of consulting and delivery of AWS based solutions
• 5+ years experience leading business application development teams of 5+ team members Skills/Knowledge
• Solid knowledge of Java/Open Source and Cloud Native Application development, including experience working on initiatives that included full stack development of multi-tiered distributed systems implemented based on clean architecture patterns, involving complex business domains, either relational or non-relational persistent storage, and web or desktop user interfaces (e.g. Angular or React).
• Experience building systems with high security standards. Familiarity with common vulnerabilities and attack vectors and how to prevent them.
• Experience building cloud native applications or migrating applications to the cloud a plus.
• Demonstrable ability to break large architectural and implementation problems into logical smaller solutions.
• Ability to define, maintain, and manage architecture models and artifacts (e.g. current and future state application architecture diagrams, data models, etc.).
• Ability to influence and persuade Product Owners and team members to support proposed architectural changes.
• Ability to mentor team members to improve their understanding of good software design practice and implementation strategy (CICD, test automation etc.).
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to tailor message to audience.
• Ability to communicate sophisticated technology concepts to non-technical audiences.
• Ability to build consensus and align teams on strategic architectural direction and technical decisions.
• Solid understanding of and ability to communicate objectives and benefits of modern architectural standards, patterns, and practices.
• Working knowledge of agile practices
• Deep domain expertise in
• AWS based Cloud native application architectures (containers, microservices, serverless, PaaS, API Management etc)
• Container orchestration systems (i.e. Docker, Kubernetes, ECS, EKS).
• Strong Database skills around RDS, Aurora, DynamoDB, MongoDB
• Continuous integration technologies (e.g. Jenkins, Spinnaker, Chef, Puppet)
• DevOps tooling: Cloud Formation, Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, GitHub