Meet The Team
The Senior Storage and Security Engineer will be responsible for working closely with Product Managers and other internal stakeholders in reviewing and creating content from architectural guides to performance and security debrief for our customers and channel partners. The engineer will also set up test environments and run performance benchmarks using IO workload generator tools to identify and simulate most customer reference workloads. And design, deploy, and test security solutions offerings. Both performance and security projects resulting in detailed technical documents providing low-level technical and high-level summarized performance and security analysis of our products to our sales, systems engineers, partners, and customers. The candidate should possess professional experience in deploying, evaluating, or testing storage and security solutions, features (including Dedupe, Compression, NVMeOF mode, encryption, ransomware, etc.), and automation scripting.What You Will Be Doing
What You Bring To The Team (Qualifications)
- Research, develop, and present highly technical test plans, performance briefs, Architectural and Implementation Guides, and other technical documents that detail the configurations, test methodology results, and Best Practices of our core product line
- Establish and execute best practices on setting up test environments, develop new testing methodologies based on different product offerings, and execute benchmarks (features, functionality, performance, security, etc.)
- Staying up to date on the latest industry trends in the performance and security areas.
- Design, develop, and maintain a dynamic lab environment that can be rapidly configured to suit specific hardware or software solutions
- Test and measure integrated solution performance for potential bottlenecks and identify possible resolution
- Test and measure integrated security solutions for potential security threats
- Deliver detailed technical documents providing low-level technical and high-level summarized performance analysis for our sales, systems engineers, partners, and customers
- Participate in external communications and social media campaigns to drive maximizing the industry awareness of our partner ecosystem, capabilities, and key features
- Develop automated test scripts (i.e., using Python, Perl, Shell, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering/ Computer Science or equivalent
- 7+ years of hands-on experience or at an expert level with any of the Hitachi/Pure/EMC/NetApp storage products in block and file services.
- 7+ years of experience with scripting languages (Python/Perl/Shell/etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of key storage features (like deduplication, compression, snapshot, and replication, etc.), protocols (like NFS, CIFS, TCP/IP, Fibre Channel, iSCSI, etc.), and associated performance tuning
- Knowledge of performance analysis of storage solutions and how it relates to the hosts
- Hands-on experience with different benchmarking tools like Vdbench, FIO, IOmeter, IOzone, etc. is a huge plus
- Hands-on experience with different Operating Systems - Linux, Hypervisors & Windows
- Theoretical and real-world implementation knowledge about a wide range of security, including but not limited to architectural hardening, security/penetration testing, cloud security, and reverse engineering.
- Excellent writing and documentation skills in creating test procedures, workflows, diagrams, and customer-facing white papers
- Excellent verbal communications (including presentations and providing technical training).
- A team player and fast technology adoption is a must.
- Good experience dealing with customer escalations and talking to customers about their issues.
- Must be United States Citizen and/or Permanent Resident.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage as we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension, and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. For Colorado only (as required by the Colorado Equal Pay Act): The expected base salary for this position in our Colorado office is $100,000 - $150,000. Pay is determined based on a variety of factors including, but not limited to, depth of experience in the practice area. Employees are eligible to participate in Hitachi Vantara's variable pay program, subject to the program's conditions and restrictions. Our Values
With Japanese Roots Going Back Over 100 Years, Our Culture Is Founded On The Values Of Our Parent Company Expressed As The Hitachi Spirit
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge