Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.
As the Hybrid Cloud Solution Sales Specialist, you will be a quota carrying sales person who drives the sales process of Hitachi cloud solutions in a XaaS consumption based business model. You will demonstrate sales excellence through Salesforce.com hygiene, pipeline generation, deal strategy, deal commitment, and close planning to ensure alignment to overall sales strategy. You will develop a core understanding of our customers' unique business challenges to expand opportunities and Hitachi Vantara marketshare for hybrid cloud solutions, and projects business-led proposals to C-level customer audiences in mid-sized to large accounts. You have a sales hunter mentality and previous sales experience of large deals across a broad range of industries and size competing for and closing large $M deals.
What you bring to the team
• Ability to identify key decision makers and manage relationships across all levels of a prospective customers organization resulting in working on complex deals with C-level exposure.
• Previous relationships within the industry preferred, however the ability to adeptly identify who key decision makers are, influence the sales cycle, and position Hitachi Vantara as the trusted advisor to the customer is crucial.
• Expertise in solution based selling with a premium on prior experience in consumption based models such as aaS or subscription.
• A verifiable track record of not only meeting, but also exceeding sales targets throughout your sales career, illustrating your persistent focus on supporting customers to realise required business outcomes.
• Responsible, as subject matter expert, to engage, understand, qualify, propose and lead the successful closure of identified hybrid cloud opportunities, through developing a core understanding of our customers' unique business needs that can be solved by Hybrid technology solutions.
• Map out solutions with references and customer business needs to differentiate Hitachi Vantara. Provide overall roadmap to customer and highlight short term and long-term business needs.
• Support Account Managers as appropriate with specialized knowledge of hybrid cloud solutions.
• Understand the client strategy, market opportunities and challenges, political/competitive landscape and budget priorities.
• Maps out solutions with references and customer business needs to differentiate Hitachi Vantara. Provides overall roadmap to customer and highlight short term and long-term business needs.
Education And Experience Required
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
• 7+ years of experience in customer-facing roles in data center and hybrid cloud technologies.
• 3 years of experience in cloud computing or infrastructure, cloud market, competitive dynamics, and customer buying behavior.
• Experience selling Cloud Services, Managed Services, Consulting Services, or VMware software into the enterprise space.
• Extensive customer network with a history of exceeding sales objectives Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge