Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business, and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition. What you'll be doing
- As a member of one of our exciting and collaborative teams you will be responsible for all aspects of the development lifecycle from estimation of backlog items thru development, defect resolution and delivery into the production environment.
- You will work closely with business stakeholders, rectifying technical issues, and collaborate on design and improvement of our applications
- You will be working with highly experienced existing team and work on our Motor and Home insurance claims application suite. This comprises of bespoke solutions, built and maintained in-house and contains various applications that service the insurer for both claims, and underwriting processes so any industry knowledge is also valuable.
- Develop and implement new software applications.
- Test and deploy updates.
What you bring to the team
- Strong commercial experience of server-side development with C#, Asp.Net MVC with .Net Framework & .Net Core and SQL Server is essential.
- Practical experience developing and problem-solving a variety of web-service standards, mainly REST/JSON with WebApi and some legacy XML/SOAP using WCF.
- Experience of consuming and building APIs in Azure using tools such as Swagger and Postman would be desirable for all new applications and newer existing solutions.
- Familiarity with continuous integration and DevOps principles such as deployment automation solutions including Azure DevOps pipeline would be ideal.
- Front-end web application UI development experience including HTML5, CSS3, Bootstrap as well as front-end development pipeline tech such as NPM, Gulp, WebPack would be advantageous.
- Use of modern source control systems such as Git, including GitFlow & Pull Requests / Peer Reviews would be expected.
- Provide suggestions to Improve and refactor existing applications
- Recommend improvements to be included in sprints
- Help the team keep up to date with development technologies
- Collaborate with team members
- Liaise with colleagues in IT, other departments and 3rd parties as required to resolve blockers and progress deliveries as necessary
- Problem resolution for applications in live and test environments as needed
C#, .Net Core, MVC, ReactJs, Azure and SQL Server Must to have skills:
Azure service bus, key vault, AppInsights, Azure storage Type of Project (Development/Support/Migration/Upgrade/etc....) :
Development Shifts, If any:
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
- Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
- Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
- Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge