COVID-19: In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Hitachi High-Tech America, Inc. adopts, implements, and updates certain safety protocols in its efforts to promote a healthy and safe workplace for the well-being of our employees, their families, and visitors to our facilities, and to pursue continuity of the Company’s business operations. Where permitted by law, new hires will be required to disclose and certify COVID-19 vaccination status shortly after hire.
COMPANY: Hitachi High-Tech America, Inc. (“HTA”)
DIVISION: Metrology and Analysis Systems Division (MAD)
POSITION: Yield Control Technology Engineer
TRAVEL: Up to 20% (domestically and internationally)
REMOTE WORK: Onsite 80% / Remote 20%
The Yield Control Technology Engineer (YCTE) is responsible for performing professional metrology applications development and providing support and ownership within key areas of the Portland Engineering Center (PEC) and Nanotechnology Innovation Center Portland (NCP) labs. Metrology techniques can include CD-SEM, Review SEM, analytical SEM, optical x-ray thin film/CD measurement systems (ellipsometry, XRF, XRR), and other metrologies depending on need, inclination, and expertise.
The YCTE will closely interface with a wide array of process technologists at the highest technical level to deliver world-class metrology solutions and analytical results that are aligned with requirements. A successful YCTE must own workflows (direct satisfaction of support requests), develop metrology capabilities, and perform regular evaluation and tracking of key metrology assets using SPC methods.
The YCTE will design and conduct independent experiments and tests as needed. YCTE’s must also define problems and objectives, develop approach, analyze results, and provide recommendations. Additionally, YCTE’s will plan, conduct, and direct complex projects or major phases of significant metrology lab development projects.
Lastly, the YCTE will utilize their technical expertise to reduce the time needed to generate end-customer solutions within Hitachi High-Tech America (HTA).
- (50%) Support growth of HHT/HTA Integrated Data Solutions for Semiconductor Equipment Division (SED) and Metrology and Analysis Systems Division (MAD).
- Accelerate/enhance development of AI recipe creation for Etch
- Support Haze metrology usage, including guiding the direction of experiments in PEC/NCP to confirm feasibility of Haze for Etch process control experiments and/or Etch tool hardware development
- (30%) Support customer demonstrations of HHT’s products at HTA’s PEC/NCP: Metrology and Inspection System (CG6300/CR6300 and servers), facilities and server for integrated data solution based on HHT IoT Platform (ExTOPE)
- Support customer requests for CD-SEM, Review SEM, and Optical Inspection application development
- Support development of prioritized metrology roadmap for development needs in PEC/NCP
- Help quantify metrology contribution to Etch error budget as it pertains to Etch demo success criteria as needed
- (20%) Address tactical issues related to metrology usage in PEC/NCP, working with SED/MAD Engineering and Operations teams
- Understand current Etch demonstration activities and process development at PEC/NCP
- Identify and address metrology-related obstacles to improving cycles-of-learning-turns for Etch demos
- Partner with PEC/NCP Process and Productivity Engineers to better utilize metrology tools and identify gaps in capability
- Help identify/rectify gaps and bottlenecks in infrastructure which slow Etch Process Engineers data ingestion and analysis efforts
- Assist with advanced techniques of data analysis, clarify misconceptions about metrology, and improve quality of Etch demo work
EDUCATION, LICENSES, and/or CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Materials Science, Electrical, Chemical, etc.), Chemistry, Physics, or related educational field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Master's or PhD degree in Engineering (Materials Science, Electrical, Chemical, etc.), Chemistry, or Physics is a plus
EXPERIENCE and TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
- Hands on experience with Hitachi e-beam tools (such as CD-SEM and/or Defect Review SEM) or Hitachi optical inspection tools is a plus
- Familiarity or experience with Plasma Etch Processing or other semiconductor processing a plus
- Familiarity or experience with thin film thickness and film stress metrology a plus
- Networking experience a plus
- Up to 20% travel between key Hitachi development lab sites and Customer sites across the world
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and/or ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
- Intermediate to advanced ability to use a Windows based computer
- Intermediate proficiency using Microsoft Office software with emphasis on Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint is a plus
- General understanding of equipment electronics
- General understanding of semiconductor device manufacturing
- Highly organized, self-motivated, focused, positive problem-solving attitude and skills, effective prioritization, and time management skills
- Ability to effectively use autonomy, discretion, and good judgment
- Exemplary telephone and video etiquette skills
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Willingness and flexibility to work outside core business hours as needed
- Ability to interface well with customers, service department personnel, and others
- Strong work ethic. (i.e. on time to work and training, on time completion of assignments, strong preparation for assignments, effective teamwork, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with management, co-workers, internal and external customers. Excellent interpersonal communication skills, and the ability to work collaboratively with a variety of personalities and individuals
- Ability to work independently or on a team with little or no supervision or instruction.
- Ability to communicate updates to customers and manager regarding all activities and schedules on a regular, timely basis
- Ability to successfully plan technical projects through to completion
- Ability to problem solve complex assignments while utilizing considerable judgment and initiative
- Ability to lead and present training initiatives including on-the-job-training (OJT) on things such as complex system theory to both engineers and customers including “on the spot” advanced training as needed
- Ability to mentor, including transferring technical knowledge to less experienced engineers through OJT or classroom training
- Ability to use considerable judgment in resolving problems and making recommendations
- Ability to assist engineers with problems they encounter in the field
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to [email protected]