Job Title -SRE, Hyderabad Meet our Team
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value. What you'll be doing
Seeking to build strong relationships and trust with new and existing customers across industry sectors such as retail, finance, manufacturing and public sector. Articulating our industry leading solutions, which include Data Centre/Storage, Cloud, Big Data, Advanced Analytics and IoT, to enable your customers to realize the highest levels of success. What you bring to the team
- Support production grade AaaS and PaaS systems with systems administration, configuration, troubleshooting and monitoring.
- Evaluate Linux systems and make recommendations to improve security, scalability, performance, and availability.
- Perform on-call duty for maintaining the availability and performance of application and cloud platforms
- Manage and deploy monitoring and tracking solutions for production systems
- Manage the scalability and efficiency of the cloud platforms.
- Respond to platform and application problems and develop automated solutions to resolve them.
- Develop automated solutions for capacity planning and forecasting, system performance analysis, and system tuning.
- Review and influence ongoing design architecture of multiple production platforms / products.
Good to have
- Passion to learn and explore new tools/technologies that improves the current process
- Experience in operating AWS Cloud platform: AWS and their SaaS/PaaS based components or services (EKS, ECS, Fargate, Lambda, EC2, VPC, Route 53, Cloud Formation, WAF, S3, RDS, etc.)
- Experience in Logging/Monitoring/Insights: Nagios, Prometheus, Grafana, ELK, Splunk, Kafka, CloudTrail, Cloud Watch, Azure Monitoring
- Experience in working with Application Performance Management tools such as Dynatrace, AppDynamics, Datadog, Dynatrace.
- Good understanding and working experience in setting up SLIs/SLOs, error budget.
- Experience developing, deploying, and debugging distributed systems in a Linux environment & Familiarity with at least two of the following programming/scripting languages: Python, Django Framework, Groovy, Shell scripting.
- Strong Linux administration skills (CentOS/Ubuntu/Redhat).
Qualifications & good to have Certifications: -
- Good experience of supporting CI, CD, understanding release and deployment strategies, hands-on with Git, Jenkins, Jira, Code Commit/Pipeline etc
- Hands-on with IAC, config management tools - Ansible, Terraform
- Exposure to other cloud technologies like Azure, GCP and container technologies like dockers, K8s, Helm etc
- Bachelor's degree in Computer science/IT or related field.
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate, AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional, AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate
- CKA, CKAD, Red Hat Certified System Administrator
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge