Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition. Role: Sr QA Automation Engineer
Location: Hyderabad/Pune/Bangalore What you'll be doing
The IoT Applications team is looking for an experienced senior software QA automation engineer to design, develop, implement test automation, and ensure the quality of automation. This role is a hands-on QA automation engineer who helps to proactively address issues and potential bugs within an application during the development cycles, maintain higher test coverage on both API and UI automation tests
Work as part of cross-functional Agile scrum teams to ensure quality is achieved at all stages of the development process, from defining requirements through code deployment.
Other duties may include, unit testing, manual testing, writing SQL queries, database testing, performance, load testing, develop test strategy, test plans and manual test scripts, and monitor/track to resolution application defects. Utilize technical and functional knowledge of application to aid in identifying, evaluating, and resolving moderately complex test problems in a multi operating system and network environment.
The team utilizes a highly collaborative feature development model that requires deep QA
involvement on all engineering projects from start to finish. The QA Team is also counted on to provide significant engineering leadership during the Release End Game phase. Candidate must be detail oriented, passionate about efficiently delivering high quality software-based storage solutions to the market.
Our application offers Intelligence to help complexity into simplicity and insights into actions, smart spaces solution from Hitachi, to make smart space more responsive, predictive, and automated, an end- to-end intelligence solution. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.Responsibilities
• Design, develop, and implement test automation for the testing of software product backend and UI, ensure the best products.
• Write repeatable, maintainable, scalable, and high-performance automation scripts.
• Define test process including required test activities, deliverables, and test schedule.
• Understand how changes impact work upstream and downstream including various back end and front-end architectural modules.
• As a member of the scrum team, closely interact with both onsite and offshore team members.
• Actively participate in all phases of testing (functional testing, integration testing and regression).
• Business requirement analysis, test design, defect logging and tracking.
• Perform manual/exploratory testing where needed.
• Actively engage in defect reporting and triaging.
• Stay up to date with new testing tools and test strategies. Required Qualifications
• 5+ years of hands-on Quality Assurance experience with 3+ years in automation testing.
• Actual professional hands-on experience in programming with Selenium, Python and Java.
• Actual professional hands-on experience in developing RESTFUL API & UI automation framework.
• Actual professional hands-on experience in SQL and Database testing such as MongoDB.
• Experience developing automation across multiple platforms (mobile - iOS, Android, and web applications).
• 3+ years of experience for Test Planning, Test Status Reporting and Test Preparation.
• Hand-on experience on Linux and Windows Operating Systems and VMware.
• Good understanding on Docker, Containers, and Images.
• Good understanding on Git/CI CD pipeline terminologies.
• BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject.
• Full professional proficiency of read, written, and spoken English. What you bring to the team
• Strong experience in testing methodologies and software testing principles
• Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Experience with performance and/or security testing.
• Experience with container and relative orchestration systems (K8, Docker).
• Experience with Azure.
• Experience working in Agile/Scrum environment and GitHub.
• Experience with QA test management tools like Jira, PractiTest. Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge