Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Senior HVC Engineer who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in PISTOIA - IT.
Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
- Support and coordination during the bid and project development of the technical design of system
- Definition of the conceptual solution of the HVAC system, including air distribution system, based on the requirements and vehicle configuration
- Preparation of system requirements specification
- Analysis of Suppliers' technical proposals
- Checking the technical description of the system
- Verification of drawings / documents (Electrical, Mechanical, etc.) for installation / integration on board
- Support for CFD analysis
- Preparation of functional requirements specification for integration with TCMS
- Preparation / verification of functional type test specification / performance test specification
- Support during system type tests
- Support during the on-board integration test
- Design review with Clients and Suppliers
Required Skills/ Knowledge
- Experience of at least 5 years in the railway industry with the role of Systems Engineer and/or Designer focused on HVAC system.
- Good knowledge of the disciplines related to the HVAC system design: power demand calculation, air flow distribution definition at car level, CFD analysis, electrical and mechanical configuration of the HVAC unit, knowledge about main internal components (compressors, fans, etc…).
- Knowledge about innovative HVAC unit solution (CO2 or equivalent) is also considered a key point.
- Knowledge of the main regulations relating to on-board systems in the railway business, in particular related to the HVAC design and testing.
- Basic knowledge of electrics and mechanics is required.
- Related knowledge of the basic concepts of the RAMS disciplines is an advantage.
- Knowledge of the main office automation software/tools (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Recommended knowledge of electrical/mechanical design software (Autocad, Creo, Catia, etc.) and the IBM DOORS requirements management tool.
- Knowledge of Engineering Processes and Railway Operations.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organisation, with the attitude to contribute with constructive and practical ideas.
- Readiness to work effectively in a collaborative, fast-paced, multitasking international environment.
- Ability to work autonomously in teams and for projects is required.
- Availability for short-term national and international business trip.
Desired Skills/ Knowledge
- Ability to manage and plan the assigned tasks independently and team-working.
- Ability to analyze business requirements, problem-solving attitude and business process analysis.
- Ability to face with the different internal functions (internal customer) and external (suppliers, customers, partners).
- Planning and organization.
- Versatile in learning and strong desire to remain up-to-date with changes in technology and best industry practices.
- Strong business acumen & technical skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attitude to work in an international and multi-cultural reality.
Degree in Mechanical or Electronic Engineering
Fluent Knowledge of English (written & spoken).
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.careers.hitachi.com/
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our follower!
Have a glance to our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirail