Meet our Team
We are the Hitachi Vantara Cybersecurity team, and we are passionate advocates of information security! We have the primary responsibility for safeguarding the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of data, systems, and information in the enterprise. We ensure that corporate systems are secure, and we make sure that products that we deliver to customers are free of security flaws and vulnerabilities. We are out-of-the-box thinkers, innovators, and team players. We constantly seek new and better ways of doing things. We need highly motivated individuals to join our dynamic team who have positive attitudes and want to be part of something special. We strive for nothing less than the very best information security program!
We are looking for a Data Loss Prevention (DLP) and Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB) analyst to help us monitor and maintain key systems that help prevent data leaks and breaches at Hitachi Vantara.What you'll be doing
What you bring to the team:
- Daily monitoring of alerts in our DLP and CASB systems
- Triaging alerts to understand the nature of the activity that was detectedAnalysis of risks related to alerts from the DLP and CASB systems, including recognising potential data leaks or other suspicious behaviour
- Working with other security professionals, and legal personnel to respond to alerts, including blocking bad behaviour, and reporting policy violations
- Ability to write rules and configure the policies in the DLP and CASB systems to minimize false positives, and optimize the performance of the platforms
- Collaborating with the other leaders of Cybersecurity including product security and operations/engineering
- Minimum 3 years of cybersecurity experience in an operational role monitoring alerts
- Experience configuring and tuning a DLP solution is required
- Working knowledge of cybersecurity administration and governance concepts, including policy, controls design and effectiveness
- Solid foundation of identity and access management concepts
- Basic knowledge of security networking concepts and Internet security concepts
- Strong understanding of risk management and information security theory and practical application
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems with expertise and ingenuity.
- Ability to communicate risks and recommendations to senior leadership and management.
- Ability to facilitate meetings with strong presentation skills and ability to quickly discern differing points of view versus derailing points of view
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Understanding on Networking Concepts like Subnets, VLAN, OSI Model, Routers, Switches and Firewall
- Experience configuring and tuning a CASB solution is highly desirable
- Experience on Public Cloud of Azure, AWS and GCP is highly desirable
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge