Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition. What you'll be doing
- Job Overview:
Reporting to the Corporate Financial Reporting Manager, this accounting professional will manage timely and accurate financial reporting for the Hitachi Vantara Global - Digital Services Business Unit (DSBU) including group consolidation activities. This individual should possess strong attention to detail and analytical skills to efficiently provide consolidated reporting.
This role will ensure areas of monthly financial close and reporting for DSBU are completed accurately and timely. This includes general ledger consolidation, monthly account reconciliations, group consolidation reporting inputs and other relevant tasks.
- Role Description:
Perform accurate and timely monthly close activities at the global consolidation level, including preparation/review of journal entries, allocations, consolidation, and account reconciliation- Maintain the general ledger of the company
Perform month-end close functions through ERP accounting system (Oracle) under the direction of Corporate to ensure DSBU is in compliance with the appropriate accounting standard.
What you bring to the team
- Perform month-end and quarter-end reporting activities for global consolidated closing through group financial reporting system - Hyperion Financial Management
- Prepare analysis of period end financial reports for management team, as requested by Assistant Corporate Controller or Chief Accounting Officer.
- Coordinate and work closely with Hitachi Ltd liaison team and global shared services.
- Reconcile all the Balance Sheet Items including Intercompany balances across regions.
- Support and coordinate internal and external Audit & Compliance activities for Hitachi Vantara.
- Support continuous process improvement and documentation for the business unit.
- Chartered Accountant with a Minimum 4 years accounting experience with strong understanding of financial statement preparation
- Experience of working in organisations with global outlook
- Unquestionable ethics and integrity
- Experience with Oracle R12, Hyperion Financial Management & Smartview preferred
- Strong Excel, PowerPoint and Word, MS Office skills
- Excellent communication, analytical and organizational skills
- Fluent in English
- Ability to work closely with a senior management team
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently, prioritize and multi-task various projects & initiatives
- Attention to details, organized and thorough, with the desire for continuous improvement
- Experience working with internal/external auditors & JSOX Compliance
- Ability to work extended/flexible hours during peak periods including monthly close and expectation of partial day overlap with US pacific standard time.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge