JR Automation is looking for a Buyer for our Ogden, Utah location. As a Buyer you will interact with multiple functional groups to identify, select and negotiate with suppliers.
What You’ll Do:
- Purchasing of direct material from project bills of material in a manner that is consistent with Supply Chain Management and JR corporate strategy.
- Communicates with internal personnel regarding timing of material delivery, payment terms, and product discrepancies.
- Assists with expediting material when necessary.
- Enter purchase orders into purchasing system(s) as needed. Ensures proper documentation of supplier and purchasing related material.
- Assists with correcting discrepant supplier invoices and packing slips when necessary.
- Interacts with suppliers, team members, and internal customers in a manner that is distinguished by a high level of professionalism and ethics.
- Works to help achieve departmental and business unit goals, with a strong emphasis on working capital management, supplier on time delivery and material cost savings and avoidance.
- Assists in maintaining positive supplier relationships.
- Negotiating pricing, payment terms, delivery, and other items as necessary with suppliers.
- Mentor Associate Buyers to ensure they are following other JR processes and procedures.
- Work closely with Commodity/Strategic Purchasing Team to ensure each business unit is achieving the best possible value available from the supply base.
- Work with Supply Chain Management team members from other business units to ensure common process, procedures and best practices are shared and implemented as appropriate.
- Any other work as assigned by the Purchasing Manager from time to time.
Note: This list of responsibilities is by no means inclusive; however, it is intended to be a guideline for activities.
What You’ll Bring:
- High school graduate or equivalent; college preferred.
- 4+ years of purchasing experience preferred.
- Manufacturing Industry experience preferred.
Skills You’ll Have:
At JR Automation, A Hitachi Group Company, our talented teams leverage the latest technologies, innovative thinking, and decades of experience to provide our global customers with world-class automation equipment. We transform processes & optimize operations with the solutions we design, build, program & deploy for nearly every industry. Our people are the heart of our operations, and we believe unique skills and capabilities enable us to grow, collaborate and evolve.
Join our team of 2,200+ at one of the 27 facilities around the globe. We offer competitive pay, great benefits, apprenticeship programs, tuition reimbursement and training opportunities to develop your skills.
Come Think. Solve. Create. With Us!