As an IT Systems Technician, you will be responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of computers, hardware, and software within the company. You will work within our ticket system to assist employees/customers as needed. Outside of day to day tasks, you will have the opportunity to work with our greater IT team to tackle corporate initiatives.
What You’ll Do:
- Maintain and assist in the maintenance and upkeep of computers, hardware, and software within the company.
- Work within a ticket system to assist employees / customers as needed with various tasks related to company hardware / software / infrastructure.
- Position is required to research, identify, troubleshoot and resolve a variety of computer issues relative to hardware and operating system Issues.
- Required to be extremely flexible and can work with little direction and/or adjust to changing needs.
- Help maintain computer and inventory lists, stock lists and other supported applications IT will use in the management of the computer systems.
- Imaging and deployment of system rotation schedule
- Position is required to become involved with the user training and promotion of internal applications that have been developed and prepared for employee usage.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with all employees and look for ways to maintain productivity.
- Employee must be able to adapt to various sets of tasks regardless of knowledge and/or skills on the task.
- Assist Engineers as needed with various tasks and projects
- Employee must promote positive change within the organization and adapt to changes taking place.
- Emphasis on attendance, dependency, efficient time management and punctuality.
- Position is required to be available for 24-hour on-call rotation schedule (every 7-8 weeks)
Note: This list of responsibilities is by no means inclusive; however, it is intended to be a guideline for activities.
What You’ll Bring:
- Associates Degree or equivalent
- 2 years of related experience and/or training
- Environment & Desktop and Printer support
- CAD experience preferred
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator preferred
- ITIL V4 experience/certification a plus
Skills You’ll Have:
- Microsoft Certified (MCTS) or MCITP in Desktop Support. Proficient with MS Office, PC Troubleshooting and repair skills (software/hardware). Maintenance of Windows 7 and Windows 10 (x86 and x64) in professional corporate environment. Active Directory tasks such as user email and domain account management.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with customers and employees
- Must be able to drive a vehicle on public roadways
- Your position may require travel between Greenville and Liberty, SC area.
- You must be available via phone and immediate contact methods need to be established to ensure proper operating response in the event of critical downtime.
- Potential for domestic and/or international travel as need arises
- Must be able to lift 50 – 70 lbs
At JR Automation, our team of experts leverage the latest technologies, innovative thinking, and decades of experience to meet the automation needs of our customers all over the world. Founded in 1980, JR Automation now has over 2,000 employees at 23 manufacturing facilities in North America, Europe, and Asia with over $600M in sales.
We value creativity, assertiveness, quick thinking and a passion for technology. Come think, solve, and create with us!