Meet our Team
The Cybersecurity Governance, Risk & Compliance (GRC) Sr. Analyst is a critical position within the team and has risk and compliance responsibilities from a technology and security perspective across the organization globally. This position will work as a member of the Information Security team at Hitachi Vantara and guide the organization towards continuous compliance with industry laws, regulations, and frameworks. The individual will facilitate the development and implementation of security, risk, and compliance best practices and is a key influencer in driving governance, risk, and compliance (GRC). The Sr. Analyst will act as a subject matter expert for enterprise controls and must communicate effectively with end users, business partners, team members and Leadership to help raise the culture of Risk and Compliance. The candidate will review the design of existing controls and offer ideas on improving and consolidating those controls, educating, and informing others within the organization, and identifying opportunities for improvements in existing processes.
This position will have the opportunity to enhance our internal Information and Cybersecurity program as well as contribute to GRC initiatives in project management, data privacy, information security, cybersecurity, regulatory standards for cloud-based services/software and audits. The main objective of the Security GRC team is to deliver best in class Security Governance, Risk and Compliance, services to ensure that Hitachi Vantara operates in a risk mitigated, security managed environment and that Hitachi Vantara's security compliance objectives are being met. Their responsibilities span Hitachi Vantara's global brand and subsidiaries and the internal applications, tools, and infrastructure that support them. This is a remote position. What you will be doing
• Responsible for the design and operating effectiveness of information and cybersecurity general controls, educating and informing others within the organization, and identifying opportunities for improvements in existing processes. Working closely with the entire Security GRC team and stakeholders across the organization, the Cybersecurity GRC Analyst will be responsible for implementing, maintaining, and improving internal controls to assure compliance with applicable regulatory and legal requirements
• Support Hitachi Vantara transformational projects, internal projects, and ad hoc internal control requests from partners across the Globe. Understand Internal Audit processes related to planning, testing, and reporting for JSOX, GDPR and Audit projects. Perform testing activities related to JSOX and GDPR compliance, key audit objectives, data analytics, etc.
• Help develop, maintain, and deliver Cybersecurity Awareness Training to all employees, contractors, and our affiliate strategic partners. Partner with operations, sales, supply chain, and ethics & compliance team(s) to complete cybersecurity questionnaires related to existing and prospect client vendor risk assessment leveraging desired experience with GRC tools to optimize.
• Partner effectively with other Information Security teams, Platform, Application Management Services, HR, Legal, Internal Audit, and other internal peers to support Hitachi Vantara's risk and compliance with applicable legal, regulatory, and security frameworks.What you bring to the team
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Information Systems, Risk Management, Accounting or similar
• CISA, CISM, or CRISC preferred but not required
• 3-5 years of experience in IT, operational or security Risk and Compliance environment or equivalent preferably with a concentration in the Information and Cybersecurity Governance domain
• Familiarity with common technology, project management, and control assessment frameworks (e.g., ISO27001, NIST, COBIT). Seeks constant improvement opportunities. Manage IT/security GRC - Security Management & Tools, from KnowBe4, Service Now, SharePoint, etc.
• Project Management skills
• Committed, results-oriented and structured mind are important for this role.
• Negotiation skills.
• Willing to travel. Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge