Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services, and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business, and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition.
The Japanese Speaking Software Engineer will work along with team members and customer, report directly to the project manager. Main responsibilities will include deliver new features, follow software development process, and contribute ideas to improve the project.What you'll be doing
What you bring to the team
- Communicate with Japanese clients for requirement, issue clarifications.
- Analysis, and transfer requirement to project team.
- Participate in developing and verifying and develop design documents and develop and review technical documents.
- Verify system before delivery.
- Work closely with Project Manager to monitor and control project.
- Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or relevant major.
- Japanese language proficiency equivalent to N3/N2/N1 is required.
- Having at least a year of working experience in software development and willing to work with VBA, Scripting/Macro.
- Good at requirement analysis skills.
- Well-organized, creative, and capable of performing multiple tasks simultaneously; self-motivated and eager to learn (in business domain, software engineering, language); high responsibility and teamwork spirit.
- Experience in writing document, presentation and working directly with Japanese customers and proficiency in English is a plus.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge