Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated HSE ADVISOR who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic.
If you would like to have experience working in railway projects, this is your opportunity.
Come and join our team in Genoa - Italy.
Support the HSE team and achieve company objectives in terms of health, safety and the environment.
- Contribute to establishing, documenting, implementing, maintaining and continuously improving the Local HSE Management System in accordance with International Standards and Local Procedures;
- Oversee the implementation of Hitachi activities on projects in accordance with HSE Policies, HSE legislative requirements, customers' HSE requirements and the HSE management system;
- Identify the risks and dangers, collaborate in the risk assessment and identification of the necessary control measures under the applicable HSE Legislation, the requirements of the HSE Client and the HSE Management System;
- Conduct audits and inspections in accordance with HSE legislative requirements;
- Implement HSE Programs to achieve HSE goals and targets;
- Manage the external HSE resources appointed at the construction site;
- Participate in the identification of HSE training needs and conduct HSE training according to the Training Program;
- Contribute during the bidding phase to the identification of legal requirements;
- Define and update the procedures for the management of potential emergency situations;
- Monitor, report and communicate HSE performance and implement solutions in the event of negative trends;
- Implementation, investigation and analysis in case of HSE accidents and incidents (also in case of near misses).
- Identify non-conformities and verify that corrective / preventive actions are taken to mitigate them and avoid recurrence;
- Collaborate in implementing appropriate documentation for annual management review meetings.
- management of all site and construction site environmental issues and authorizations (AUA, discharges, emissions, etc.)
- Compliance with the deadlines in the delivery of HSE documents and quality assurance of the same;
- HSE risk assessment and management;
- Management of the auditing process
- Customer satisfaction
Skills & Knowledge
- Availability to travel in Italy and abroad
- Degree: Engineering or similar technical degree (alternatively qualified HSE Master)
- 2 to 5 years of business experience / years of project experience
- Communication, presentation and training techniques
- HSE management of projects in the High Speed, Mass Transit, Railways area
- Organizational techniques and knowledge of business processes
- Knowledge of cost estimation and budgeting techniques
- Knowledge of health, safety and environmental legislation
- Knowledge of applicable standards and certifications (at least ISO 45001- 18001-14001)
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Follow us at https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirail/!
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or status.