Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.
Come join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes.Overview
Help build a passionate and diverse team that will be undeterred by uncertain requirements and shifting dependencies. A challenge that will demand rapid experimentation and prototyping without sacrificing quality or attention to detail.Responsibilities
This role is a hands-on technical manager responsible for working with cross-functional teams to identify problems statements, dependencies and resolve roadblocks; together with a team of enthusiastic software engineers responsible for delivering application platform, products and services for Industrial IOT and Data Management.
• Drive an agile software development process incorporating user experience, software engineering, and cross-functional stakeholders to deliver on product and technology roadmap and strategy.
• Own and prioritize the short-term roadmap for MVPs and releases.
• Lead customer requirements gathering session, UX design brainstorming sessions, requirements prioritization and user story creation.
• Identify problem statements, dependencies and resolve roadblocks by collaborating with cross-functional team member.
• Manage internal and external customers by delivering on-time, clear communication, set expectation and being transparent.
• Own and manage the backlog; continuously prioritize to ensure that backlog is ready with clear requirements and acceptance criteria.
• Lead release and sprint planning, forecasting resource capacity, and estimate development efforts discussions.
• Provide guidance to developers with either planning and execution and/or design architecture, strong skills in agile methodologies such as SCRUM; experiences with JIRA or similar software project tools.
• Must be a self-starter and proactive who takes ownership of opportunities; works independently, manages multiple simultaneous priorities and projects, and deals well with ambiguity and last-minute changes.
• Ability to balance multiple priorities, meeting specific deadlines utilizing strong organizational skills.
• Resourceful leader who is comfortable navigating a large organization with global team members.
• Manage a small team, provide leadership and guidance to technical challenges.Required Skills
• A minimum of 7 years experience in technical management and/or software development on large scale micro-services based applications.
• Development experience working on Java/Java EE, Spring and REST framework.
• Well versed with test driven development approach and extreme programming
• Possess knowledge of front-end/back-end services, APIs for on-prem/cloud applications with emphasis on micro-services architecture.
• Skilled at developing and exercising cross-functional influence, translating between business owners and functional/technical teams.
• Experienced developing large scale and high volume multi-tiered applications
• Experienced in driving application architecture and design with considerations such as performance, scalability, reusability and flexibility
• Ability to brainstorm and communicate technology ideas.
• Ability to work with vendors, cross functional teams, internal partners
• Strong skills in agile methodologies such as SCRUM; experiences with JIRA or similar software project tools
• Possess strong experience in full stack web applications with emphasis on Micro-Services architecture, containers, Kubernetes, RESTful services.
• Experiences using IaaS and/or PaaS (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, vCloud Air); and virtualization environment (ESXi, Xen, Hyper-V, Docker, etc.).
• Database experience with RDBMS and/or NoSQL databases.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
We are an equal-opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Great careers start with innovation and here at Hitachi Vantara, our promise is to deliver insights that power smarter businesses and inspire social innovation solutions for a healthier, safer future. The key to our innovation is our people -- our culture values respect, diversity, and collaboration. Join our Hitachi family and together, lets lead the way to extra-ordinary.