JR Automation is looking for an Electrical Manager to join its team located in Stevensville, MI. As an Electrical Manager you will lead a team of Electricians, Technicians & Apprentices. You will partner with other functional leaders on automated equipment projects.
What You’ll Do:
- Directly supervise and support the electrical team and develop team members through leadership, mentoring and training
- Plan, direct, organize and control the build process and related costs
- Support project managers and cross functional teams with customer relations, runoffs, planning and status reporting
- Manage the daily operations by planning the use of materials and resources while also considering other needs within and across the business unit
- Work cross functionally with all departments
- Ensure changes and problems get documented and communicated
- Strive to achieve the highest level of performance from team members as it relates to their individual ability
- Support, promote, and execute company initiatives
- Provide timely customer service to both internal and external customers
- Communicate technical information and critical processes to the project team
- Support the quoting team by giving input on concepts, hours, and material costs
- Establish and maintain a plant wide culture of teamwork through leadership, experience, positive attitude, encouragement, and training
- Review performance data to measure productivity, efficiency, and utilization to determine areas in need of improvement
- Drive process improvements in the organization and work area to optimize efficiency
- Set employee expectations, provide feedback, coaching, and accountability to ensure employees meet company expectations as needed and during formal performance reviews
- Demonstrate a commitment to upholding the highest standards of safety, on time delivery, and quality of our products
- Address current and future staffing needs along with participating in the interview process
- Conduct electrical team meetings to keep the team informed of workload, hours, and company policy updates
Note: This list of responsibilities is by no means inclusive; however, it is intended to be a guideline for activities.
What You’ll Bring:
- High School Diploma or equivalent with five years of electrical experience required
- Associates Degree in Electrical Technology preferred
- Journeyman’s card preferred
- Three or more years of proven mentorship and leadership experience required
Skills You’ll Have:
- Comprehensive knowledge of schematic interpretation, panel building, machine wiring, and troubleshooting
- Strong mechanical aptitude with a focus on safety and quality
- Ability to travel up to 20% domestically and internationally to support project installs and runoff
- Ability to obtain a Hi-Lo (fork lift), Aerial Platform and Overhead Crane license while employed at JR
At JR Automation, A Hitachi Group Company, our talented teams leverage the latest technologies, innovative thinking, and decades of experience to provide our global customers with world-class automation equipment. We transform processes & optimize operations with the solutions we design, build, program & deploy for nearly every industry. Our people are the heart of our operations, and we believe unique skills and capabilities enable us to grow, collaborate and evolve.
Join our team of 2,200+ at one of the 27 facilities around the globe. We offer competitive pay, great benefits, apprenticeship programs, tuition reimbursement and training opportunities to develop your skills.
ComeThink. Solve. Create. With Us!