Meet the Team
The Hitachi Vantara Converged Solutions Engineering team is looking for a senior solutions architect who will deliver data center converged - integrated compute, storage, and networking - infrastructure solutions that address the challenges and inefficiencies of the traditional data center in enterprise accounts. The candidate will be responsible for architect, design, implement, test, automate and documentation of Container and Virtualization solution integrations built on software-defined storage with Hitachi Virtual Storage Software Block. The candidate will develop as well as provide ongoing recommendations and best practices to customers from both technical and operational perspectives. What you will be doing:
• Research, design, implement, test, troubleshoot, automate and document architectures for virtualized, container and hybrid cloud solutions on Hitachi Virtual Storage Software for Block
• Optimization and automation of container and hybrid cloud solutions running on Hitachi Virtual Storage Software for Block infrastructure to improve manageability within the cloud environment
• Support and test Infrastructure as Code with Hitachi Virtual Storage Software Block
• Develop and deliver test plans, lab reports, best practices, technical presentations, demo's, blogs, analyst briefings, and white papers that detail the configurations, test methodology, results and Best Practices, along with the overall customer benefit of the solution
• Be the technical focal point for solution segment(s) that you are assigned
• Work with Engineering and partners (if appropriate) to properly set test (and performance) goals. After agreement, develop, review and execute test plan. Debug issues as they come up. Testing can be done with the Hitachi Vantara lab environment or an outside lab if appropriate
• Support, assist, and consult with all levels of Hitachi Vantara, including Account Executives, Product Management, Product Marketing, Product Support, VP, etc, through delivery of technical presentations and reports.
• Responsible for ongoing recommendations and best practices for Hitachi UCP Converged and Hyper-Converged solutions around business continuity, high availability, backup, recovery and archiving.
• Responsible for ongoing management of configuration and layout of solution infrastructure. What you will need Technical Skills:
• Excellent knowledge in enterprise virtualization solutions using VMware vSphere. VMware Certified Engineer preferred.
• Certified Kubernetes Administrator is preferred.
• Hands on experience designing and implementing solutions on container management platforms such as Red Hat OpenShift, VMware Tanzu/TKG, Google Cloud Platform/GKE or vanilla Kubernetes.
• Experience implementing load-balancers, custom operators, and resources into an on-premise Kubernetes environment.
• Experience using persistent volumes and vendor-specific container storage interface drivers in a Kubernetes environment.
• Experience with Python, UNIX shell scripting and IT automation/orchestration technologies such as Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Jenkins, etc.
• Good knowledge in software defined storage architecture, RAID, disk-subsystem, file system, snapshot, replication, and deduplication
• Excellent knowledge in networking and storage protocols: Fibre Channel, NVMeOF, TCP/IP, CIFS, NFS, iSCSI, Storage Area Network
• Advanced problem solving skills
• Performance tuning and benchmarking is a plus. General Skill:
• Requires a BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in open systems hardware and software and networking infrastructure.
• A team player and fast technology adoption is a must.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent problem solver and ability to work independently.
• Excellent internal and external customer skills. Possess the ability to work and communicate with the senior technical and executive levels including consultants, SE, DSM, PM, VP, etc.
• Possess the ability to work on extremely complex problems where analysis of situations or conditions requires an evaluation of intangible variance factors with solutions in the $100K to $20M spectrum.
• Exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques, and evaluation criterion for obtaining results and formatting these results in such a way as to benefit the corporation's customers, partners, SALES, REVENUE, and overall PROFIT.
• Ability to justify and quantify findings and analysis where decisions would impact customers, partners, SALES, REVENUE, and PROFIT, as well as HITACHI VANTARA's reputation. Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge