** US Residency and working authorization required ** Meet our Team
We are looking for an experienced Salesforce Business Analyst who has a demonstrated ability to understand business requirements and a strong track record in delivering high quality solutions in Salesforce. The Salesforce Business Analyst will be supporting key strategic initiatives from discovery through implementation, as well as being a standing member of the scrum teams following a well-established continuous delivery model. This role supports the ongoing technology solution definition for front office business functions, with a specific focus on Customer Support & Service Business Applications.
This role will be working with a Global team in different time zones so some predictable flexibility will be expected in working hours . This position can be hired to work from Dallas, TX, Atlanta, GA, Chicago, IL, Seattle, Washington, Waltham, MA or Remotely from any US locatio
n. What you'll be doing
What you bring to the team
- Support product lifecycle management from conception to launch. Support new product development as well as day-to-day maintenance of existing applications, primarily Salesforce Service Cloud and customer support portal running on Adobe Experience Manager.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with business stakeholders, facilitate business meetings and interviews. Elicit and define requirements, user stories, as-is and to-be process flows, screen and interface designs, data flow diagrams, reporting and data requirements, data mapping, user manual and training documentation.
- Work with the product manager to define and manage product roadmap. Manage and prioritize user story backlog on an ongoing basis. Identify related user stories and epics, group them into themes as necessary.
- Work closely with architect and developers and translate business requirements into technology design and solution.
- Support launch of new products and features, test product functions and performance, and iterate quickly with an agile mindset.
- Participate in sprint planning and other project activities using an agile software development methodology.
- Challenge business requests by applying your knowledge of the platform as well as system design best practices, when necessary. Strive for implementing out of the box solutions vs. custom development.
- Identify, log and triage issues, coordinating with development team to resolve in a timely manner
- Facilitate and manage user acceptance testing. Define testing strategy, write test scripts, and execute unit and end-to-end testing. Work closely with global business leads on testing the enhancements or defects deployed. Develop testing metrics for readout.
- For new application or feature releases, define support model, complete required process steps and documentation, assist with go live readiness activities, and facilitate transition to support team(s).
For Colorado only (as required by the Colorado Equal Pay Act): The expected salary for this position in our Colorado office is $75,000 - $80,000. Pay is determined based on a variety of factors including, but not limited to, depth of experience in the practice area. Employees are eligible to participate in Hitachi Vantara's variable pay program, subject to the program's conditions and restrictions. Our Company
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a Salesforce Business Analyst or Salesforce Techno Functional Consultant (or a similar role).
- Must have Salesforce Administrator certification. Salesforce Service Cloud or any other additional Salesforce certifications a huge plus.
- In depth knowledge of Salesforce Service Cloud, Salesforce Community and the force.com platform is a must.
- The following are not required but desired:
- Experience and knowledge with Customer Support portals
- Familiarity with Adobe Experience Manager and ServiceNow
- Understanding of business processes for the following: Customer Support and Service, Managed Services
- Familiar with SDLC (software development life cycle). Knowledge of all phases of software development including requirements/story gathering, analysis, solution design, development, testing (unit, integration, end-to-end user), implementation, and support. Experience in delivering software projects using Agile methodology.
- Experience in creating and maintaining user stories, process flows, screen mockups, data diagrams, business rule definitions, design documents, user manuals, test plans/scripts and training materials.
- Strong analytical, system design and problem-solving skills.
- Highly responsive with strong interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable working in a technical environment and able to clearly communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Excel in a team environment but at the same time, work effectively independently, prioritize and juggle multiple deadlines and projects while keeping peers, stakeholders, and supervisor abreast of activities.
- Self-motivated, accountable, highly organized and can prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge