Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.
Come join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes. The role
We are looking for a Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer to create and perform functional tests on our software products, such as the Pentaho Business Intelligence Suite and/or Lumada DataOps Suite.
This role plays an important part in our company's product development process. Our ideal candidate will integrate our international quality assurance team and be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs. If you hold an engineering background and enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems, we'd like to meet you.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Design and execute test scenarios based on requirements, user stories and feedback from other team members
- Create and perform functional regression tests
- Align with the team to define which tests are suitable to automation
- Open, manage and coordinate defects/bugs
- Hands-on experience in test automation of UI and API
- Responsible for conducting the testing, including analyze the results
- Actively participate in Agile Ceremonies
- Carry out testing as per the defined procedures
Report to engineering leadership on test progress and execution
- University degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field
- Experienced in software testing
- Experience in identifying, design and execute test scenarios
- Experience in functional testing of UI and client-server system behavior.
- Knowledge of test management tools like Testrail and defect management tools like JIRA
- Experience in the development and test automation experience on tools such as Selenium, Jmeter, Postman or similar
- Reliable, thinking out-of-box, self-motivated, and focused on high quality delivery of work products
- Good written and verbal communication skills (Portuguese and English)
- Experience using relational databases (Postgres, MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server)
- ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation Level (CTFL)
- A technical background in software development and ideally the candidate will possess programming skills on Java
- Experience with Continuous integration/delivery tools such as Jenkins
- Experience with BI industry
- knowledge with Pentaho Software
- Basic knowledge of Linux commands
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Great careers start with innovation and here at Hitachi Vantara, our promise is to deliver insights that power smarter businesses and inspire social innovation solutions for a healthier, safer future. The key to our innovation is our people -- our culture values respect, diversity, and collaboration. Join our Hitachi family and together, lets lead the way to extra-ordinary.