Job Title - Senior QA Engineer - Edge Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition.What you'll be doing
This role is hands-on Sr. Software QA Engineer to create and perform test on IIoT applications platform and solutions. Ideal candidate would be self-starting, energetic individual, not afraid to question
assumptions and be imaginative. The successful candidate will integrate our engineering team and work with the engineering leadership, with product management and with quality engineers to enhance and automate the testing efforts for the Lumada IIoT software suite.
Your main responsibilities will include:
What you bring to the team
- Create and automate test scenarios based on requirements, user stories and feedback from other team members
- Create and perform and automate regression tests
- Open, manage and coordinate defects/bugs
- Report to engineering leadership on test progress and execution
- Provide Technical Support to Sales Engineers and/or internal or external customers when needed
- Background in QA processes and procedures
- Prior experience in development and/or test automation experience on tools such as Selenium, JMeter;
- Experience in testing frameworks
- Experience with Micro-Service architecture, Restful API
- Experience with Linux, docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with IoT Application is an advantage
- Database experience must be familiar with RDBMS and NoSQL databases
- Experiences with automation/configuration management using Jenkins; and software configuration tools; build script and CI/CD
- Good communication and inter-personal skills.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge